Clinical Science Liaison Specialist – Respi
Clinical Science Liaison Specialist – Respi
The ideal candidate is a passionate, self-motivated, and detail-oriented team player who is committed to the success of our customers. Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
About AstraZeneca and AstraZeneca Vietnam
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company with a British-Swedish heritage that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines. At AstraZeneca, science and patients are at the heart of everything we do. Based in Cambridge, UK, AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Established in 1994, AstraZeneca Vietnam has come a long way in 27 years of advancing Vietnam's healthcare. We change lives through innovative science with $25mil in R&D investment (2020 - 2024); 40 ongoing clinical trials with 2800+ patients; 44 partnered hospitals and 14 medicines involved in trials. We have built strong public-private partnerships for sustainability and healthcare access through many programs and activities such as Healthy Lung, Young Health Program, Careme, Giá Như, Health System Sustainability & Resilience, Green Energy for Health, Response to Covid-19.
We have gained some recognition for our efforts from the Minister of Health's Certificates of Merits for outstanding contributions to advancing cancer treatment (2019) and exceptional contributions to Vietnam’s fight against COVID-19 (2020); BritCham 2021 Awards for Contributions to healthcare and 25+ years of service in Vietnam; Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union’s Medal and Certificate of Merit for contributions to youths (2021); Excellent Leadership – Visionary Leader Award (2021); HR Excellence – Workplace Culture Award (2021) and Vietnam's Top 100 Places to Work Award (2018 - 2020).
What you’ll do
Field-based Medical Affairs position responsible for ensuring clinical practice leaders (e.g., community health care professionals, advanced practice providers, and diverse healthcare decision makers) have the disease awareness and product understanding to support the safe and effective use of AstraZeneca medicines.The CSL role supports post-approval products and advocates for evidence-based product differentiation and changes in medical practice.This role works closely with field-based customer-facing roles in Medical Affairs (e.g., Medical Science Liaison) and Commercial (e.g. sales representatives and first line sale managers).
- Develops scientific partnerships with community healthcare professionals, advanced practice providers, and diverse healthcare decision makers to ensure the safe and effective use of AstraZeneca marketed products
- Delivers disease education programs and product information within assigned therapeutic area; advocates for evidence-based product differentiation and changes in medical practice, including guideline implementation
- Removes scientific barriers to effectively promote AstraZeneca products
- Responds to unsolicited requests for product information from clinical practice leaders submitted through the commercial organization
- Supports promotional speaker program through training promotional speakers and serving as a speaker
- Delivers sales training on assigned products to enhance sales representatives’ scientific knowledge and understanding
- Gathers scientific insight from clinical practice leaders to shape brand strategies
- Participates in Key Account Management meetings at local/community healthcare institutions and accounts
- Serves as an expert on products within assigned therapeutic area; maintains up-to-date knowledge at all times
External Medical & Scientific engagement
Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with scientific leaders.
Foster primary care prevention, early detection and disease management.
Medical & Scientific Support for internal stakeholders
Act as scientific expert in priority disease area(s) for internal stakeholders.
Continuously demonstrate development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) of company focus.
Compliance with relevant company and industry code of Conduct and also to comply with local country codes.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Medicine
- Thorough knowledge or experience of the pharmaceutical industry and the area of field medical liaisons
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact and manage a range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Advanced scientific degree in Pharmacy or Medicine
- Prior experience in a field medical affairs role
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Project and team management experience
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and is always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
What will you get?
We provide driven packages and benefits for proficient and qualified candidates; a winning dream team and colleagues who share ONE values, ideas, and goals.
So, what’s next?
If you are already inspiring yourself to join our dream team, we can’t wait to hear from you.
If you are ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table, Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
If you’re curious to know more then please take initiative to MyHR.Vietnam@AstraZeneca.com. We encourage your application.
Where can I find out more?
Visit our website www.astrazeneca.vn
Follow us on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/astrazeneca/
Contact us via MyHR.Vietnam@AstraZeneca.com