Commercial Lead, BeLux Commercial Lead
Commercial Lead, BeLux Commercial Lead
HoC France BeLux
Last Updated (Date):
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion is the global leader in complement inhibition and has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. In addition, Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas. More information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
In this role, as Commercial Lead, BeLux you will lead our Alexion Rare Disease business efforts through product launches and competitive market events for BeLux. You will lead and develop the commercial team including sales, marketing, and business analytics. You will be championing the cross functional team working with medical and other functions and you will partner closely with France/BeLux Cluster team (based in Paris, France area) to drive synergies and long-term growth. You will be a member of the France/BeLux Cluster Commercial Leadership team to deliver on strategy and expand the business. You will provide vision, leadership, and entrepreneurial energy to make the most from the exciting opportunities and challenges ahead for Alexion rare disease. The position reports directly to the Head of Commercial, France/BeLux Cluster.
- Develops and articulates the strategic long-term vision of the rare disease portfolio in BeLux, identifies marketed changes and new growth opportunities to maximize portfolio and achieve business objectives :
- Is responsible for establishing a motivating, entrepreneurial, speak-up mindset across his Team to support ambitious performance goals.
- Leads local annual brand marketing plans and strategic plansin close collaboration with the cross-functional BeLux team and the cluster organization.
- Is responsible for ethical, quality and compliance standards.
- Leads local business operations across the portfolio in line with global strategy and local needs :
- Recruits, motivates and manages the commercial team on the field
- Builds with his team the local action plans and establish quantitative and qualitative objectives and tracks performance
- Acts as the Sales Manager, coaching and visiting customers with his Team on a regular basis
- Set up and lead sales and cross-functional meetings
- Establishes strong relationships with key customers and KOLs, scientific societies and any other strategic partners
- is the deputy representative of the organization at public occasions and in interactions with external parties in order to drive impactful collaboration and positive reputation of Alexion
- Builds and maintains relationships internally (with the France/BeLux Cluster Team) and champions cross functional team working with e.g. regulatory affairs, medical, legal, quality, compliance, safety, communication, customer operations, HR, and finance
- Builds high performing team for current and future business
- Attracts, recruits, retains, and develops talented individuals to achieve their potential and deliver objectives
- Ensures a culture of ethics, integrity, and compliance is embedded in all business activities
You will need to have:
- Profound experience in marketing of pharmaceutical products or Sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry (>6 years) with experience as a people manager
- Knowledge and understanding of external health care environment
- Exceptional cross-functional leadership skills, aligning disease strategies with all cross functional teams (e.g. Medical, Access, Government Affairs, and Enabling teams)
- Excellent at developing individuals and teams, sets an ambitious and clear vision and builds organizational commitment
- Problem solving & solution orientation: Safe handling of complex tasks; Critical and quick thinking; Decision-making ability and goal-orientation.
- Influencing Skills: Ability to influence multifunctional decisions, senior management as well as colleagues with no direct reporting line.
- Fluent in Flemish and English. French language is a plus
We would prefer for you to have:
- Rare Disease business experience including preference in hematology, nephrology, and/or neurology
- Master’s degree in the field of science or business