Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist – Integrated Bioanalysis
Are you an experienced scientist with a background in analytical biochemistry that holds expertise of developing mass spectrometric methods for the quantitative measurement of biotherapeutics? Do you also want to work in an excellent team with a common goal to push the boundaries of science? If yes, welcome to join our exciting journey at AstraZeneca!
Right now, we are seeking a passionate Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist to join our Integrated Bioanalysis function at our vibrant R&D site in Gothenburg, Sweden. The person taking on this position will take a lead role in the lab designing bioanalysis method strategies and interpreting data generated in support of new modality projects that will advance our drug pipeline.
You are working in the Discovery Bioanalysis Europe team which is part of the Clinical Pharmacology and Safety Sciences (CPSS) organisation and is responsible for the analysis of nucleotide, protein, monoclonal antibody and gene and cell therapeutics and non-clinical safety biomarkers in biological and invitro samples generated in support of non GLP pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and investigational safety studies. We have a diverse array of scientists working across many technologies to ensure delivery of critical assays and data analysis that drive go/no go decisions and ensure the right combination of medicines get to the right patient, in the right dose, at the right time
What you’ll do:
In this scientifically focused role you will lead large, nucleotide and small molecule mass spectrometry pharmacokinetics and biomarker activities in the laboratory to better understand drug actions and their association with pharmacodynamics and safety.
Your principle responsibility will be in the lab, designing, developing, and interpreting assays to support drug program transition through lead candidate selection. Representing the department on multidiscipline drug development teams, thus ability to support other technologies in the lab, especially ligand binding assays, will be a benefit. You will report into a head of Discovery Bioanalysis EU and be encouraged to take a lead role in pushing the boundaries of what is possible for mass spectrometry based bioanalyses in determining lead drug candidates.
Essential in the role:
- A strong background in analytical biochemistry / chemistry with extensive experience of developing mass spectrometric methods for the quantitative measurement of biotherapeutics such as antibody drug conjugates, peptides, proteins, nucleotides and small molecules.
- Experience with chromatographic separation of various analytes by liquid chromatography.
- Great knowledge with the development, troubleshooting and qualification of quantitative pharmacokinetic assays for drug measurement in various biological matrices (e.g. plasma, urine, tissue homogenate).
- Proficiency with mass spectrometry and proteomic software.
- A high level of independence and with an ability to develop hypotheses and complete analysis plans for pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and proteomics biomarker data.
To be successful in the role we also believe that you enjoy collaborating across a multidiscipline drug discovery organisation with ability to communicate in a good way as well as think and act creatively and independently. Being attentive and outstanding record keeping skills are also essential for success.
Desirable in the role:
- Experience with advanced data analysis tools for analyzing and visualizing pharmacokinetic and biomarker data.
- Operational experience with broader measurement technologies such as ligand binding and PCR for measurement of proteins and nucleotides.
- A proven track record of publication in large molecule bioanalysis field.
Join the team that follows the science unlike anywhere else. This is the place for curious minds. Dig deep into the biology of complex disease and uncover breakthroughs. Be encouraged and supported to think creatively in our dynamic environment. Here we are free from fear of failure, free to ask the right questions and make bold decisions.
So, what’s next? If this sounds like the job and place for you – welcome to apply today! We look forward to your application, but no later than 14th August, 2022.
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
Make a move to Global Gothenburg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Iqbb4aw38
NOTE - Due to our Summer vacation period in Sweden during July-August, the screening process may take a bit longer than usual. Thanks for your understanding and we will get back to you as soon as possible when we are back at work.