Senior IT Business Relationship Manager – Global Engineering and Real Estate, and Operations SHE
AstraZeneca is a global, creative, bio-pharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an extraordinary workplace culture that drives innovation and teamwork. Here, we support our teams to express diverse perspectives - making you feel valued, energised and rewarded for your ideas and creativity.
We are now actively searching for a Senior IT Business Performance Manager to join the team within Global Engineering and Real Estate (GERE) and Operations SHE.
The Senior IT Business Relationship Manager will develop strategic and operational relationships within Global Engineering and Real Estate (GERE) and Operations SHE, providing IT leadership, external perspectives and true business partnership to these critical functions within Global Operations.
The Senior IT Business Relationship Manager will be part of the Global Engineering Leadership team as an integral team member. This ensures the BRM role is truly part of delivering business and IT strategy as part of the GERE transformation ‘Building the Future to Save Lives’. As GERE transforms, this is an exciting opportunity for an IT leader to further develop the IT strategy which will accelerate the transformation outcomes and align with the Operations Digital Transformation.
Leading a small team of Business Analysts, the role holder will be accountable for the effective delivery of IT solutions to GERE, as well as ensuring IT scope and estimates for GERE projects are accurate and timely throughout the project lifecycle. The BRM is also accountable for the Pulse results for GERE, ensuring that all team members feel highly satisfied with their use of IT systems and tools.
This role also has the responsibility for the newly created Operations SHE network via relationships with the Executive and Global Business Process Owners for Operations SHE. In 2019 and 2020, the network will the first business area to adopt a new standard Global SHE solution across all Operations sites. The BRM will be accountable for that delivery, and part of the project steering team. In addition, as the Operations SHE network develops, there will be increasing opportunities for standardisation of processes and tools. The BRM will be responsible for creating the IT strategy to support this goal, working with the Global Process Owner to define a programme of change to drive adoption and standardisation across all Operations sites.
Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, this is a hands-on role, requiring an individual who is driven to achieve clear, measurable results. You will constantly strive to improve key processes and simplify our ways of working. This will require a high level of collaborative working across functions.
- Build strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior partners, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Assess and prioritise requirements in line with IT strategy
- Develop and maintain the customer account plan, including accurate customer forecasting, demand planning and effective delivery of the plan
- Leads a portfolio of investments, prioritizing to align with emerging business strategy
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Proactively find opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions to provide strategic advantage
- Present and gain commitment to IT initiatives, using specialist knowledge to gain commitment to established or new IT services
- Work reciprocally with:
- 1. Business and IT leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to build their understanding of IT strategy, programmes and challenges
- 2. IT Strategy, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management to agree the future shape of proposed solutions and initiate projects in partnership
- 3. Other customer area Business Relationship Managers to create alignment and identify cross-business innovative opportunities, particularly Global SHE, Site IT for local Automation and Engineering, and Campus IT.
- 4. Business analysts to management requirements and build business cases
- 5. Portfolio Managers and Delivery Leads to initiate projects, to initiate projects, clearly define scope and monitor the delivery of project value compared to the promised benefits
- 6. Service and Support Delivery to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group and are operating effectively
Essential skills & experience required
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Experience of building high value business cases & mobilising high value investments
- Experience of leading teams with a demonstrable track record of motivational and achievement oriented leadership
- Experience of managing third party suppliers and have strong network and consulting skills
- Ability to bring alternative perspectives and experience, challenging the status quo
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- Well connected across AZ and IT with ability to partner and work in a matrix organisation
- High interest and initiative to research developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Proven ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
- Ability to manage negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex groups
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
At AstraZeneca we’ll make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you. To do this, we’ve built an extraordinary international working environment with outstanding opportunities for collaboration and innovation. If you’re passionate about making a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.