Senior Business Relationship Manager - Late Science for Safety & Regulatory
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do. Our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an exceptional place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
This role requires a hybrid set of technical, business domain, and leadership skills. You are expected to perform as a leader-doer with the ability to inspire and motivate an agile and diverse team of professionals in a complex matrix organization. This role is a mix of leading a team and forming a relationship of trust with our partners, anchored by strong technical and domain expertise and continuous learning and development.
Come join our team as a leader in transforming IT in ways the biopharma industry has never seen.
You will work with business units in R&D, focusing on the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) function. You will be a leader and advocate for CMO functions such as Patient Safety (primary) and Regulatory functions, working collaboratively as part of a customer-facing Late Science IT team. In this role, you will work collaboratively with other BRMs in CMO capability team and broader Late Science domain, and be expected to develop and leverage relationships with strategic external partners and a global IT matrix spanning 3,000+ people across the US, UK, Sweden, China, Japan, Poland, and India. All CMO business engagement team members are expected to develop domain and technical expertise across all Late Science domains and take on special/opportunistic projects outside of his/her core domain.
The core accountabilities of the role include:
- Building strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior stakeholders, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Developing and maintaining the stakeholder management plan, conducting continuous stakeholder analysis, and working cross-functionally to align on strategy and plans
- Assessing and prioritizing Late Stage requirements in line with IT strategy, and influencing IT strategy where appropriate
- Managing a portfolio of IT investments, prioritized to align with emerging business strategy
- Facilitating accurate IT demand forecasting, planning, and delivery collaboratively with other supporting IT team roles
- Leading high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Leading business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Partnering with key stakeholders on the development of detailed business cases for new IT solutions
- Proactively identifying opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions to provide competitive advantage
Works collaboratively with:
- Business and IT leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to build their understanding of IT strategy, programmes and challenges
- IT Strategy, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management to agree the future shape of proposed solutions and initiate projects in partnership
- Other stakeholder area Business Relationship Managers to create alignment and identify cross-functional collaboration and/or innovation opportunities
- Business analysts to define detailed requirements, conduct business analysis, and build business cases
- Portfolio Managers and solution delivery leads to initiate projects, clearly define scope and monitor the delivery of project value compared to the promised benefits
- Service Management teams to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group, actively monitored, and effectively managed in line with established service levels
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Experience in and knowledge of bio-pharma industry
- Demonstrated delivery of significant scientific information systems.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Patient Safety/Regulatory domains.
- Extensive knowledge of scientific and clinical pharmaceutical processes.
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate technical and scientific information.
- Substantial experience in managing and delivering business change through IT projects and delivering results.
- Experience of building high value business caseas & mobilising high value investments.
- Experience of leading teams with a demonstrable track record of motivational and achievement-oriented leadership.
- Proven ability to operate across multiple domains and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic working partnerships with senior AZ internal customers, peers and partners.
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Degree or relevant business qualification
- Involvement in pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
- Agile development methodologies
Skills and Capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Proven ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
- Ability to manage negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex groups
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to partner and work in a matrix organisation
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.