Senior Bioinformatician for Antisense Oligonucleotide Design
Are you a quantitatively-minded scientist looking to apply bioinformatics and machine learning to design antisense oligo nucleotides in drug discovery? Would you like an exciting new challenge in a company that follows the science and turn ideas into life changing medicines? Then why not join our Quantitative Biology team in Gothenburg, Sweden!
We are now recruiting a Senior Bioinformatician for Antisense Oligonucleotide Design in Quantitative Biology to join the Discovery Sciences organization in Gothenburg, Sweden. Discovery Sciences work with all AstraZeneca’s therapy areas to deliver candidate drugs into late-stage clinical development.
The Quantitative Biology team is a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists with the purpose of providing quantitative insights to biology. We do so by improving the biological understanding of the target and its engagement, including supporting the identification of molecular mechanisms of action, building a platform for antisense oligonucleotide design, providing image and data analysis solutions to high dimensional datasets, and by enhancing AstraZeneca's ability to prioritize target selection and projects based on probability of technical success.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Bioinformatician at AstraZeneca, your main responsibilities will involve;
Using bioinformatics and machine learning you will collaborate with antisense oligonucleotide drug discovery projects to identify and deliver antisense oligonucleotide sequence designs
- Developing or internalizing appropriate algorithms, techniques and datasets to advance our ability to rapidly discover antisense oligonucleotide candidate drugs
- Building knowledge of and creating data analysis capabilities, typically on complex, high-dimensional -omics data to identify biologically induced effects of antisense oligonucleotides
- Contributing to and leading local and global projects for NGS applied in antisense oligonucleotide projects
- Ensuring that results are scientifically robust and documented
Essential in the role:
- PhD, or equivalent, in bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering or the life sciences
- Expertise in one or more of the core competency areas: DNA/RNA sequence analysis, next generation sequencing analysis, multivariate and/or high dimensional data analysis (-omics), ontologies, data management, machine learning, statistical modelling,
- Basic understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, and human physiology
To be successful in the position we also see that you have great English skills, both spoken and in writing. Your ability to convert details into holistic information by collaborating with colleagues, as well as customers will be of great importance.
Does this sound like your next challenge? Apply now!
Welcome with your application no later than August 7th, 2020.
For questions about the position, please reach out to Fredrik Karlsson at Fredrik.h.karlsson(at)astrazeneca.com.
Read more about our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Curious about life in Gothenburg? Please visit: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.