Science & Engagement Manager
Job Title: Science and Engagement Manager
Location: Gothenburg, Gaithersburg, Cambridge
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
AstraZeneca is a global, creative, biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AZ, we're proud to have an exceptional workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
As the Science and Engagement Manager within Respiratory, Immunology and Autoimmune (RIA), you will be responsible for developing, managing and delivering integrated communication plans that positively impact AstraZeneca's culture, employee engagement and performance.
Working within a dynamic environment you will directly support the Head of Late-stage Development RIA, the Head of Business Planning and Operations and the Leadership Team to develop direct science engagement and communications for internal and external activities. You will drive the monthly reporting, and various science events for the department. You will also work closely with the RIA Communications Team within Biopharmaceuticals R&D as well as Corporate Affairs, Global Medical Affairs and Global Commercial.
- Build and develop communication content and materials for both internal and external events, ensuring full engagement of the new Late-stage Development RIA organization across the globe
- Engage and energize colleagues with our priorities and report progress
- Drive community building and best practice sharing
- Responsible for team inputs into RIA Communications within Biopharmaceuticals R&D as well as Corporate Affairs, Global Medical Affairs and global commercial organization
- Responsible for inputs into monthly SET reports and Town Halls
- Actively seek out and promote the Science stories, Post Cards and communication around publications and successes
- Lead and facilitate the development of relevant content for the Late-stage Development RIA Nucleus page, SPOL, Workplace, and other platforms and communication channels as is appropriate
- Drives the material for communication of scorecard content during the year
- MS in Life science
- Strong ability to engage, influence and collaborate across boundaries with delivery focus and a problem-solving attitude
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development process
- Scientific in-depth knowledge in the RIA field or related areas
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with proven track record of delivering in line with timescales
- PhD in Life science
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.