Payer Evidence Lead, Innovative Value Strategies
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives everyday. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
AstraZeneca recognizes that many health-care systems face challenges managing rapidly increasing healthcare costs while trying to improve patient outcomes. For this reason, AstraZeneca are strengthening capabilities and creating new roles within the organization that can work with external stakeholders to develop innovative access solutions which can move pharmaceutical pricing from volume-based to value-based. Astrazeneca is committed to develop Innovative Value Strategies (IVS) to provide more flexibility in reimbursement and funding decisions and ensuring access to our innovative treatments.
The Payer Evidence Lead, IVS is primarily accountable for ensuring payer endpoints and evidence strategy needed to implement IVS frameworks with payers are included in Phase 2/3 and Real World Evidence (RWE) plans. In this role, you are an expert advisor of existing, internal and external, evidence/data infrastructures needed to enable IVS frameworks. As such, you are expected to demonstrate not only outstanding scientific skills, but also strategic thinking and innovative approaches to adapt to a quickly changing payer landscape as well as the development of exciting new science and technologies.
We are looking for Payer Evidence Leads for each of our therapeutic areas – Oncology, Cardiovascular Renal Metabolism (CVRM) and Respiratory. We are open to candidates across our 3 hub locations: Gaithersburg, MD; Cambridge, UK; Gothenburg, Sweden.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Core member of a Global IVS Working Group, which includes global cross-functional members and representation from key markets
- Work with internal cross-functional stakeholders to ensure Phase 2 and 3 trials, and RWE studies include endpoints, and are designed, to address evidence strategies needed to execute IVS Frameworks.
- Internal expert knowledge/advisor of existing, internal and external, evidence/data infrastructures needed to enable IVS frameworks
- Build external collaborations with data/evidence holders that can enable IVS Frameworks
- Support Payer Analytics Lead to identify and develop opportunities/risk evaluations of clinical and health-care outcome constructs
- Think more broadly than the brand/disease are to identify innovative solutions and share best practices with GMAP (Global Market Access Pricing) / OMAP (Oncology Market Access Pricing) colleagues
- Ensure appropriate involvement of other GMAP / OMAP team members and leadership in development and delivery of clinical and health-care outcome constructs
- Drive the required payer insights and research to ensure robust and validated constructs
- Communicate project issues and progress effectively and in a timely manner to all stakeholders
- As required by the business, ensure effective budget planning and secure resources to IVS Frameworks
- Comply with AZ policies, standards and procedures in every interaction
- Support key markets in negotiations with reimbursement authorities
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical science, business, quantitative disciplines or economics.
- Formal post graduate degree in health economics or a related quantitative discipline, or substantial work experience in the discipline.
- In-depth expert knowledge and technical capability in health economics and payer evidence needs, and its application to pharmaceutical development at an international level, especially economic modelling, evidence synthesis and other analytical techniques required to support payer needs.
- Experience developing Outcomes-based Agreements.
- Holds deep insight into the external market and competitor activity across therapy areas and franchises
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the development process for new molecules to influence development strategies to meet payer needs
- Payer launch experience at a local or global level.
- Experience developing designing and executing Phase 4 and RWE studies.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.