Would you like to be a part of a Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (DS&AI) group who has direct strategic impact on drug development, playing a key role in getting medicines to patients?
At AstraZeneca, we are constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a real passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
AstraZeneca is investing in data management and analysis capabilities, through its long-term Growth Through Innovation Strategy.
The DS&AI team collaborates across R&D to drive innovation through data science and AI. Together we seek to:
• Improve our understanding of disease and uncovering new targets
• Transform R&D processes
• Speed the design and delivery of new medicines for patients
The R&D Data Office, within DS&AI, is a key organisation to deliver upon AstraZeneca’s strategy. Data Office operates a central capability, with R&D wide accountability, to ensure that we harness the power of data to drive innovative science. Data Office will govern data, drive data quality and ensure our data is readied for analytics, creating paved-paths for scientists to perform data-driven research, without compromising our legal restrictions or ethical principles.
Sustainable, FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable & Reusable) data is the lifeblood of AstraZeneca as a science-led, pure-play pharmaceutical company and critical for the delivery of the AstraZeneca’s corporate strategy, in which Data, AI and Digital is a foundational value driver for Innovative Science and a potential corporate differentiator.
In this role you will be accountable for managing all operational activities and projects within the Data Assets team.
• Provides project management expertise by planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting for Data Asset team projects
• Facilitates the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements.
• Establishes and oversees status review meetings among project team members including developing the agendas and documenting decisions and action items.
• Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
• Manages risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and actions.
• Manages changes in project scope and schedule
• Prepares scope change proposals and stage gate proposals for formal presentation as needed
• Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation and artifacts
• Presents project status updates to key stakeholders
• Manages business change aspects to ensure appropriate information is delivered to key stakeholders.
• Works closely with the teams to gain consensus and approval of each phase of the project lifecycle.
• Identifies and recommends contingency measures and risk mitigations.
• Develop, own, and continuously improve, clear project management processes to ensure successful FAIRification of data.
• Collaborate with other members of the Data Asset team, Data Office functional units, & the DS & AI community to aid the Data FAIRification process.
Education, skills and experience required
• Relevant degree in Information/Data Science, Computer Science, Informatics, IT, or other related discipline.
• Experience in the pharma and the life sciences sector
• 8-10 years of experience in agile project management
• In-depth understanding of the health data space
• Extensive experience working with IT partners
• Ability to learn new tools and technologies
• Extensive experience in creating project management documentation and the use of project management tools and applications
• Travel – willingness and ability to travel domestically & internationally.
• Resilience – ability to overcome and motivate others in the face of a changing environment
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.