Clinical Research Physician, Late RIA
Are you a Physician eager to make a true difference where the science meets the patient? If you can you envision providing clinical guidance and scientific leadership for clinical development programs, to develop life changing treatments for Patients around the world - join our team today to see where science will take us!
Our overall research ambition within Respiratory, Inflammatory and Autoimmune (RIA) for the future is to transform the lives of patients through our growing portfolio of inhaled combinations at the core of care, biologics for the unmet needs of specific patient populations, and scientific advancements in disease modification with the ambition of achieving remission or even cures for patients.
You will contribute to a wide range of aspects in pharmaceutical medicine, and due to the global responsibilities, there will be a multitude of contacts with health authorities, colleagues and marketing companies within AstraZeneca. This is an opportunity to take on the challenges of clinical development in a group of positive, focused and highly motivated colleagues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a Clinical Research Physician in RIA, you will support the clinical project team with the design and interpretation process and provide medical input for commercial activities as well as the scientific component of the pricing and value strategy. You will also provide medical and scientific expertise as well as tactical and strategic medical input to the development of AstraZeneca’s compounds; primarily from Phase II to Phase IV.
We give you the opportunity to work in a truly international working environment where you will meet and discuss with key opinion leaders, medical colleagues and experts in basic science, as well as commercial and regulatory functions.
We will rely on you to:
- Provide scientific and medical leadership in the innovative design, execution and interpretation of clinical trials in one or more development programs, including global development of new medicines targeted at indications in the field of RIA.
- Build positive relationships with a network of external scientific experts and opinion leaders
- Provide medical expertise to late stage (Phase II to Phase IV) clinical programs, but also work closely with colleagues in early stage programs as well as medical affairs
- Provide expert medical input into the preparation of regulatory documents and interactions with regulatory authorities
- Analyze and interpret of data from ongoing studies and in the literature
You are a fully qualified physician (MD or MD PhD) with license to operate. Your background is in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: inflammatory disease, respiratory, oncology, immunology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, cardiology but also other specialties could qualify.
- Proven significant experience in the design, execution and interpretation of clinical trials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including good verbal and written communication skills in English
- You are able to travel nationally and internationally
- Experience form pharma industry and late stage clinical drug development.
If you are ready to make a difference - apply today, and we'll make it happen together!
Welcome with your application no later than January 19th, 2020
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.