Talent Scout - Commercial Oncology Business Unit
At AstraZeneca, we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together.
In the Oncology Business Unit, we are truly changing the paradigm of care for patients who suffer from Cancer. Achieving our 2020 target a year early, we brought 6 new medicines to market, addressing some of the highest area of unmet medical need in Cancer. As we look to grow through innovation, we are looking to maximise the opportunity that our medicines can reach patients.
The role is supporting the Commercial Oncology Business Unit, pipelining the best talent in our industry to help build the fastest growing oncology business in our sector.
As Talent Scout for Commercial, your role will be akin to an in-house Head-hunter, responsible for creating and maintaining business critical, senior level external talent pipelines, conducting complex and reactive senior searches and providing external insight into the talent market. Ideally you will have worked within one or more of these areas or within professional services executive recruitment.
You will build and maintain proactive and targeted talent pipelines that enhances our ability to hire best in class critical capability quickly and at a reduced cost of hire. Your efforts will be critical to enhance candidate experience and enable our internal hiring capability to be world class.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Talent Acquisition helps to deliver AstraZeneca’s ambitious business strategy through recruiting best in class (internal and external) talent to meet the needs and demands of the business. To succeed as Talent Scout you will be a ‘recruiter at heart' who has a passion and focus on the candidate experience.
Your background will demonstrate expertise as a head-hunter, executive recruiter or talent acquisition professionalwith a trackrecord of building talent pipelines in highly technical skill-sets at a senior level and globally diverse locations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Execute the strategy to build a rich external talent pipeline directly linked to key roles/critical skills in AstraZeneca. Ensuring successful conversion of talent pipeline prospects into active candidates and then hires.
- Working closely with key stakeholders (HR Lead, business managers) and internal partners (i.e. Global Talent Acquisition Lead, Talent Management, HR Business Partners) to understand the key roles, critical skills and the current population in order to assess risk areas where the talent pipeline would need expanding to meet future global (1-3 year horizon) talent requirements.
- Ensuring engaged talent is shared and visible across all relevant business units and geographies, and that senior-level prospects are reviewed at the Senior Executive Team level.
- Building knowledge and providing insight into external talent presence (i.e. talent heat maps) to determine best approach to engage talent and steer workforce planning.
- Build extensive internal and external networks through multiple channels, including attending relevant global external meetings/conferences to meet and assess talent.
The role will report into the Global Talent Scout Commercial Capability Lead with a strong partnership with the Global Talent Acquisition Leads for Commercial Functions. This is a key opportunity to work at the most senior levels in the organisation, to engage, inspire, persuade and influence our transformation to a cutting edge in-house Talent Acquisition Function.
- Significant experience as an internal executive recruiter/talent scout or head-hunter/senior researcher/consultant
- Proven experience and ability to build a talent network within the relevant commercial / medical affair community
- Excellent business acumen with outstanding communication and influencing skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% for on-campus business meetings and external conferences
- Experience of pipeline development using a TRM/CRM
- Experience working globally or across more than one geography
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.