Statistical Science Director, Early Oncology
This position could be based our office in Gaithersburg, MD; Waltham, MA; South San Francisco, CA; or Wilmington, DE; or Durham, NC
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Biometrics? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact Oncology in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Our oncology statistics team is totally passionate about delivering innovation, science and seeking out opportunity. This diverse team is looking for passionate, innovative individuals to help develop, lead and craft the way we work. We are committed to supporting personal development and growth of individuals.
We have achieved a lot in a short space of time by focusing on our pipeline and evaluating novelty and clinical development movement. In 2019 and 2020 we were ranked at the top of the invention scale with “best pipeline” by ‘IDEA Pharma’. But the next chapter of our pipeline is more exciting than ever… We have an ambitious goal to deliver 6 new molecular entities by 2025.
We are currently looking for expert Statistical Science Director to work at the heart of our early-phase clinical project teams. Your proven statistical expertise will be a key influence on our clinical programme designs, advising our decision making and driving best practice.
- Lead strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to clinical development plans
- Through collaboration with experts, develop design options and provide quantitative decision support
- Innovate and improve study design through adaptive design and Bayesian methods, including trial simulation
- Improve statistical methodology, processes and delivery activities
- Be responsible for internal and external statisticians in the delivery of analysis and reporting
- Interpret and present clinical trial results.
- A Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics related MS Degree.
- Direct experience of clinical trials, ideally in pharmaceuticals or healthcare
- 5 years of proven experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A collaborative mindset
- Genuine dedication to drive innovation to advance statistical science
- Oncology experience would be an advantage
- Ph.D. Statistics or Mathematics with high statistical component.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.