Sr. Platform Engineer - Biometrics Product
Sr. Biometrics IT Product Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
AstraZeneca is currently looking for Sr. Platform Engineer to join our R&D IT Solution Delivery Team to manage and support our Biometrics (Analytics & Reporting) product delivery team, that is GxP compliant, part of Clinical Development Platforms that provides an analytical platform for data analysis for regulatory submissions and is used across all therapeutic areas.
This product primarily consists of SAS Grid, EntimICE and other specific applications such as Pinnacle 21, CR Toolkit, StatXact, etc. including external interfaces providing coding environment using SAS, R or Python for data programming analytics languages. You will be a part of our BizDevOps team therefore will be responsible to work multi-functionally with other team members such as Product Lead, DevOps Lead, Release Manager, Business Analysts, and other technical engineers and be actively involved in both support and development activities of the product.
- Provide technical domain expertise to solve issues, monitor key metrics, and maintain overall steady state of the Biometrics platform enabled products and solutions.
- Work with delivery IT product team to deploy patches and any version upgrades on SAS enabled platform consists of Statistical Compute Environment/Clinical Data Repository (SCE/CDR) products within clinical data value-stream supporting Statistical Programming and data management function.
- Possesses a good understanding of SAS Programming & shell scripting, reporting tools, infrastructure and apply programming skills to develop/enhance SAS programs, macros, and scripts.
- Work with Data Automations and Stats Programming SMEs to deliver IT Solutions through leveraging product capabilities or bespoke development using SAS, R/Python or Java extensions programming.
- Responsible to maintain the configuration specification documentation both for functional and integration configuration.
- Work with software vendors on product requirements and issues related to the platform, security set-up and functional configuration.
- Drive small modules in support transitions and ensure application stability when taking over BAU support of new applications.
- Participate in business requirement gathering and design activities with business & IT partners as part of scrum team.
- Perform delivery activities through Design/Build/Test/Deploy phases for regular releases on A&R platform.
- Apply JIRA for requirement gathering, validation/testing and launch activities during releases.
- Work with the Integration teams to edit/update/maintain integration interfaces.
- Serve as a Support SME on the A&R platform for IT and business partners across regions and business areas.
- Coordinate with rest of Platform Product team to solve day-to-day incidents, service requests and work towards incident-reduction and automation. Also, update Service Now (ticket management tool) for all events with respect to the incidents, service requests, changes, and problems.
- Expertise in specialized analysis and reporting solutions development skills (e.g.: clinical coding, clinical dictionaries, and data analysis & reporting standards (SDTM, ADaM, TLFs)) or expertise in Biometrics functions (e.g.: Programming, or Statistics) implementing SCE/CDR applications and solutions.
- Knowledge on file systems, storage devices and ACL’s working in hybrid Windows/Linux landscape.
- Experience in SAS Administration & ability to handle support tickets as an individual contributor.
- Ensures the overall health and wellness of the SAS GRID platforms Designs, implements, and maintains platform security via SAS Metadata, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and LSF.
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, R & Python programming languages.
- Experienced with SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Studio, terminal clients such as Putty, WinSCP, MobaXterm & Citrix environments.
- Demonstrable experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Knowledge of client-server networking and database management.
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues.
- Knowledge of support processes like Incident Management, Problem Management, Organizational Change, and experience working in support teams.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with people across the globe with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience administering SAS platform in a multi-node GRID environment with Linux OS Hands-on experience as a SAS administrator of the 9x suite in a Linux environment.
- Ability to fix complex SAS issues and experience working with vendor technical support teams.
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to standard methodologies.
- Knowledge in working with Agile tools like JIRA, Confluence.
- Knowledge in working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban and SAFe.
- Demonstrate willingness and attitude to take on different roles within Product team as when opportunity arises.
Additional Preferred skills:
- Administration background in SAS Viya 3.5/4.0 environments or SAS_LSAF Product Suite.
- Experience with SAS Visual Analytics & Power BI highly preferred.
- Familiarity with shell scripting & groovy scripting.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS & Azure).
- Familiarity with GxP systems.
- Familiarity with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-SQL databases such as Mongo DB.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Automated Testing tools.
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe.
- Passion for learning, innovate, and deliver valuable software to end customers.
- Efficient communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent degree is preferred.
- Any Training certifications from CDISC, PHUSE or PharmaSUG is a plus.
- We will hire self-taught engineer without a formal education given that you have evidence of rich history of software engineering with over 3-5 years of experience relevant to Clinical or Biometrics IT Systems or Applications.
Why join us
Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we’re driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
Are you up for an exciting challenge and ready for making a difference? If so, hit Apply today - we can't wait to hear from you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.