At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
The Solution Architect will ensure that AZ technical solutions are delivered to AZ defined reference architecture and technology standards. The role will ensure that the common architecture decisions are implemented consistently across the business and IT. The role will provide Information Technology architectural expertise and technical direction to system development and integration projects. The Architect will work on architectures for Information Services/Information Technology solutions and will specialize in at least one architecture domain.
The role will be accountable to provide solution design support in one of the below focused domains of architecture.
- Designs architectures, solution blueprints for projects or solutions that address business/application/data requirements.
- Works with Business Analysis and Solution Engineering functions and supports functional & technical requirements management, including driving software selection processes
- Ensures that solution architectures and designs are appropriately robust and address business, application, information and infrastructure architectural requirements.
- Accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements and are aligned to AstraZeneca’s Enterprise Architecture, in support of a given portfolio.
- The Solution Architect will partner with business relationship managers, project managers, business analysts, and solution engineers to create solutions that are aligned to AstraZeneca architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Within the solution development lifecycle the role will be accountable for solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
- Provides technical & IT expertise support to project teams and conducts AZ architectural reviews throughout project lifecycle.
- Ensures compliance with existing EA guidelines and standards (e.g. AZ Architecture Engagement Process (ISPMM) and EA Software Standards).
- Contributes to project and service teams in the development, implementation and maintenance of standard architectural components.
- Works with third party suppliers as required and contributes to the creation of local or functional design documents.
- Works with third party suppliers to verify technical development and delivery are in adherence with the Architecture Roadmap, Blueprint and Information Services Strategy.
- Documents all architecture analysis and design work.
- Develops strong knowledge and expertise in at least one architecture domain
- Contributes to the development of the Architecture Capability within IT, by documenting and sharing knowledge and best practices with peer Architects.
- Work across different capability and domain areas simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Become a domain and subject matter expert architect for an assigned Enabling Units capability area.
- Maintain on-going professional development in architecture, technologies and business aligned applications and services.
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent
- 5 years+ Solution Architecture, ideally in a Pharmaceutical, Financial, Commercial or Development domain.
- Technical knowledge and experience designing and deploying solutions with large datasets on one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Expert level skills in at least 2 areas and Professional level skills in at least 2:
- ETL and data warehousing
- Master Data Management
- Data Lake
- Data Visualisation & UI Design
- Data Virtualization, REST and SOA
- Cloud Architectures and Solutions
- Collaboration Architectures (Document management, social media technologies, search technology, SharePoint, Process automation)
- Mobile solutions/architectures
- IT Security
- Data Science Platforms
- Service/Micro Service Architecture
- Integration Architecture
- Experience developing innovative solutions, blueprints, and standards for solution design.
- Experience implementing and maintaining business solution architectures under any formal framework for their domain of architecture.
- Experience developing and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers, including RFI/RFP selection processes.
- Experience with a range of development methodologies and tools, especially Agile approaches such as Scrum/SAFe.
- Ability to make decisions in pressure situations at a management level.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written) and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.