Senior Training Manager, DDR-Oncology
Senior Training Manager, DDR-Oncology
Location Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Do you have expertise in, and passion for US Commercial Sales Training in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Senior Training Manager, DDR-Oncology role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
What you’ll do
The Senior Training Manager, DDR-Oncology designs and delivers learning and development experiences that prepare US Commercial personnel to effectively communicate the DDR Franchise and Brand messages with training solutions to the field. The Senior Training Manager will be utilized as the subject matter expert regarding the product training, selling skills, and launch training space, by overseeing and managing vendors assigned to develop training content. The incumbent will work within a matrixed environment on development & delivery of high value training solutions. These solutions will require an understanding of the various training needs of the Sales Force, Brand team, and other customer facing teams. Success factors for this role include cultural and operational adaptability of training content for use across oncology business units.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Anticipates opportunities based on market trends, customer needs, and AZ aligned opportunities.
- Models how to stay current with clinical acumen and trends in the marketplace
- Regarded as therapeutic expert, proactively helping peers to continually build and deliver on that Clinical Acumen.
- Leading without authority; collaborates with key stakeholders and is a leading contributor to shaping and influencing decisions and strategy
- Takes calculated risks to promote innovation in training
- Takes on above and beyond projects to serve as a peer leader and home office collaborator to contribute to positive solutions
- Proactively finds ways to bring members across OTD together to find ways to streamline and best practice sharing to elevate practices and thinking
- Consistently applies continuous development processes for both home study and new hire training
- Stand out front of the room leader of training curriculum at national and/or launch meetings
- Proactively identifies market influences and incorporates into learning and development solutions, leveraging market experts as needed
Essential for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required
- 7+ years of a blend of Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Oncology experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with subject matter knowledge and/or application within Oncology
- Minimum of at least 2 accumulated year of a training, training related or key account management experience
Desirable for the role
- Advanced degree in a related field or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of market dynamic within the DDR space
- Ability to effectively lead in a cross-functional environment, providing direction and guidance to team members with varied and complementary responsibilities
- Knowledge of instructional systems design
The AstraZeneca Gaithersburg campus is located in Montgomery County, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, D.C. Established as a small agricultural settlement in 1765, the town of Gaithersburg was incorporated in 1878 and has grown to become one of Maryland's largest and most diverse cities with over 68,000 residents.
AstraZeneca is at home in this Sustainable Maryland Certified City and share Gaithersburg's commitment to environmental stewardship. The site offers options that simplify and facilitate sustainable transportation choices, making it easier for our employees and visitors to reach the campus and its surrounds. Gaithersburg is served by three large airports and is accessible to the Washington Area Metro system which includes rail and bus service.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.