Senior Scientist, Pharmacogenomics
Translational Medicine group at AstraZeneca is looking for a highly motivated scientist with experience in development of molecular assays and expertise in cutting-edge technologies in pharmacogenomics. Successful candidate will oversee the development and implementation of technologies and molecular assays to support drug development. The scientist will carry out studies using various NextGen sequencing, RNAseq, qRT-PCR and microarray platforms to support pre-clinical and clinical studies during various stages of drug discovery and development. The ideal candidate will have experience developing assays intended to be used as an in vitro diagnostic (IVD) and have a clear understanding of the requirements for IVD assay development. The scientist will interface with drug discovery and development project teams to support their experimental needs, prepare and present results, summaries to project teams and for internal reviews.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or related field with at least 5 years of experience in molecular biology
- Minimum 5 years of wet-lab experience developing and implementing technologies and molecular assays
- Extensive biochemistry and molecular biology experience
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of nucleic acid analysis
- Extensive experience developing and implementing genotyping and gene expression assays.
- Extensive experience in various genomic technologies such as NGS, RNAseq, microarrays and qRT-PCR, as well as working with a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation
- Experience developing assays intended to be used as an in vitro diagnostic (IVD) and have a clear understanding of the requirements for IVD assay development.
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing data generation and analysis
- Familiarity with drug development process
- Experience in working independently and collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in project management in a cross functional environment and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop, validate and implement molecular assays to support various drug discovery and development projects.
- Manage studies working closely with the genomics group, CROs, project teams and bioinformatics to deliver biomarker data to support programs.
- Interface with internal functions and external companies to provide technical guidance in the development of IVD as needed.
- Lead the evaluation, validation and implementation of novel technologies and capabilities both internally as well as at CROs
- Evaluate CRO capabilities and perform pilot studies to assess capabilities and quality
- Perform analysis of data and summarize results from experiments performed as required
- Present key results at group meetings and to project teams, governance bodies and stake-holders
AstraZeneca is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.