Senior Salesforce Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Salesforce)
Locations: Gaithersburg, MD or Wilmington, DE
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, building elegant solutions to complex business problems on the Salesforce platform? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact patient access to medicines in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Feel the full weight of AstraZeneca’s support behind what we’re doing. Our work enables so many other people to scale and run efficiently with big data in software systems and processes. It means we speed up processes and quality decision-making. Here, the impact of our changes is recognized from the top.
What you’ll do
- Be hands on and build innovative solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Lead and mentor a team of developers, provide design guidance, do code reviews and onboard new developers
- Take a workstream through development, integration testing, user acceptance testing to finally launching in production
- Provide design input into the future patient access platform.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, analyze and assign user stories, identify/resolve gaps in functional user stories/business requirements, provide user-story estimations
- Collaborate with the offshore team on design discussions and day-to-day development
As part of the Software Engineering COE, you will lead a work stream to design and develop a solution on the Salesforce platform that meet or exceeds business expectations.
Essential for the role
- Design/Build Salesforce solutions on Service Cloud, Salesforce Digital Experience (Communities) using Configuration and Customization - APEX Classes, Triggers, Lightning Components, and Visualforce pages etc.
- Build integrations between Salesforce and other internal/external applications using REST, SOAP APIs, oAuth.
- Understand the CD/CI processes. Migrate changes from development to test to production environment(s) using CI technologies like ANT, Git, Bamboo.
- Perform data updates / migration using Data Loader, Snaplogic and other similar tools
- 4+ Years of hands-on experience on the Salesforce platform
- 2+ Years of hands-on experience on the Salesforce Digital Experience (Communities)
- Bachelor’s degree required
Desirable for the role
- Explore, understand, and build enhancements using Salesforce app exchange packages. Familiarity with Conga Composer, Adobe Sign, other packages a plus.
- Understand Digital Engagement and implement chat/SMS business scenarios using Einstein bots.
- Understand Salesforce security model and design/implement approach for business scenarios to provide/limit access to users.
- Understand iterative development and agile methodologies and familiar with tools to support agile development such as JIRA.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you. Apply today!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants.Accordingly, AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment.AstraZeneca will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.