Senior Production Planner
Responsible for planning materials at the Gaithersburg facility and ensures on-time delivery of raw materials for production. Includes creation and maintenance of bills of materials and master recipes, creation and maintenance of material masters, and production planning using MRP. Regularly works on routine and other assignments that are moderately complex in nature, where judgment is required to make recommendations and resolve problems. Works under limited supervision. Initiates routine and non-routine tasks. Normally receives no instructions on routine work and general instructions on new assignments. Works closely with other groups within MedImmune (Development, QA/QC, Supply Chain, Finance, Manufacturing, Warehouse, and Tech Transfer).
- BA/BS (preferably a degree in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Operations Management, Industrial engineering, Biology, Biotechnology, or other scientific discipline) with at least 5 years direct Supply Chain Planning specifically for Clinical trial materials.
- GMP experience
- Experience with lean-six sigma or other operational excellence methodologies
- Knowledge of
- Principles of material requirement planning (MRP)
- Internte Explorer
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- Standard operating procedures
- Clean room regulatory requirements
- cGMP principles and standards
- Current Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Manufacturing processes
- Microsoft Project
- Supervisory experience
- APICS certification
- Includes creation and maintenance of bills of materials and master recipes, creation and maintenance of material masters, and production planning using MRP.
- Demonstrates understanding and effective use of supply planning processes and system tools. Creates a valid supply plan which satisfies the demand plan. Continually manages the material requirements plan to create and maintain valid material schedules in support of the master schedule.
- Works closely with procurement, manufacturing, and quality to ensure timely receipt, release, and consumption of materials.
- Ensures the timely receipt, release and consumption of materials
- Monitors component inventory levels and determines when to expedite/de-expedite replenishments
- Partners with stakeholder departments to identify critical issues relative to clinical raw materials and planning
- Negotiates and implements lean processes while maintaining relationships with internal customers
- Participates in meetings resulting in making adjustments to the production plan
- Educates internal customers on supply chain management
- Identifies and implements opportunities for enhanced operational excellence
- Assists internal customers in the proper disposition of expiring inventory
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects
- Leads cross-functional meetings
- Creates Change Controls and non-conformances
- Creates new SOPs
- Creates and revises master specifications
- Runs metrics
- Performs cost analysis
- Provides training and guidance to more junior staff
- Generates and distributes routine reports (e.g., expired solution, expiring materials, etc.)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.