Senior Marketing Manager, Oncology Nurse Education
Senior Marketing Manager, Oncology Nurse Education
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a Senior Marketing Manager, Oncology Nurse Education, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Oncology Nurse Education is responsible for the tactical execution of Lung and Hematology Nurse Educator Strategy.
This position will report into the Director of Precision Medicine and Nurse Education (PM&NE) Marketing, and will work in close partnership with the Oncology Nurse Educator (ONE) National Directors, PM&NE Marketing team, members of the IO/EGFR/Heme Franchise teams and cross functional partners.
The role will play a critical role in the execution of the ONE marketing plan across multiple franchises.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for the US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead, manage and contribute to all key aspects of the ONE strategic and operational plan
- Develop unbranded, non-promotional disease state and product education related to strategic educational objectives
- Develop educational content to improve best patient outcomes and support Brand Strategic Imperatives by focusing on: dosing and administration, patient adherence, clinical nursing support, diagnostic testing, and adverse event management
- Effectively lead and manage ONE marketing budget across various brand and team budgets
- Partner with and train ONE field teams on approved field materials
- Develop and execute congress plans/exhibitions, advisory boards, and insight planning/gathering for ONEs
- Lead alignment of messages across PM&NE, Brand and cross functional teams (e.g. Access and agency management/leadership for project management deliverables)
- Partner with brand teams to develop strategy, gather insights, manage finances for tactical execution
- Ensure highest level of adherence with AstraZeneca’s regulatory, legal, and compliance policies
- Bachelor's degree
- Pharmaceutical experience
- 3-5 years Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Finance experience understanding of forecasts, budgets, financial processes and tools
- Understanding of portfolio planning processes is a plus
- Clinical/Oncology clinical experience is a plus
- Cross-functional team experience
- Experience in project management, strategic planning processes and agency management
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), organizational, relationship building, and consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead team of functional and technical members to achieve outcomes
- Possess strong business acumen and interpersonal skills
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.