Senior Financial Analyst, US ADC Franchise
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Description Reporting to the Franchise Finance Director, you will be expected to provide high quality financial management services to the ENHERTU & ADC Franchise with particular focus on the Daiichi Sankyo (DSI) Alliance which has been in existence since 2019. You will be expected to deliver accurate reporting to AZ and DSI, ensuring contractual obligations are achieved. You will also co-ordinate in conjunction with DSI the timings of the Alliance Forecast process and support in the delivery of those plans.
Reporting and Planning
- Alliance P&L: Prepare the Alliance P&L on the Alliance basis (ie. actrox, Alliance definitions). Reconciliation of Alliance to internal management accounts
- Outturns: Prepare quarterly outturns to DSI on AZ elements of the Alliance
- Quarterly Alliance Settlement: Coordinate the quarterly settlement process & ensure it complies with SOX requirements. Review all materials & ensure contractual obligations are met
- Month end & QBR: Review all month end activities. Produce for review monthly & quarterly expense commentary.
- Alliance Reporting: Overview Alliance reporting processes & ensure fit for purpose, linking in with Commercial teams as required
- ENHERTU/ADC Franchise Budget: Prepare & monitor AZ & Alliance budgets, partnering with the ENHERTU/ADC franchise team
- Relationships: Build & maintain relationships with AZ & DSI counterparts to ensure collaboration within the Alliance & resolution of issues. Work particularly closely with Finance Analyst (Collaborations)
- Alliance Meetings: Coordinate with DSI to arrange & facilitate regular operational, quarterly settlement & JFC meetings including logistics & agendas
- Contract Clarification: Take lead to resolve areas of confusion or misalignment
- Contractual Rates: Collaborate with Markets & DSI to review & update call & FTE rates as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3+ years related work experience in accounting, finance, or business analysis.
- In depth knowledge of EXCEL and working knowledge of other MS Office applications.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and draw conclusions from less than certain data.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical thinking – ability to collate & analyze data and identify key drivers
- Focus on delivery – works well under pressure, meets tight deadlines
- Attention to detail – clear, accurate and consistent outputs both financial and verbal
- Flexibility - to respond to fast changing business needs on short notice
- Presentation and communication skills - to be able to present both impactful and easily understandable financial data and associated recommendations to a financial and non-financial audience
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and financial modelling skills
- Experience of working in a global organization, preferably within the pharmaceuticals industry, and knowledge of the drug development life cycle and commercial aspects of the industry
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and liaising with senior leaders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including oral & written
- Good understanding of functional cost drivers
- Use of/exposure to general office and financial systems, e.g. SAP, Hyperion software
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.