Senior Administrative Coordinator, Oncology Business Unit
Senior Administrative Coordinator, Oncology Business Unit (OBU)
Do you have expertise in executive support, and passion for collaboration? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Strategy, Access and Business Transformation Team in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Working across our broad and innovative pipeline, we fuse our businessmindset and scientific knowledge to bring transformative medicines and novel treatments to those who need it the most.
Gaithersburg is one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. This site includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center, game rooms, community garden and much more to keep our employees happy and balanced! This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of Oncology in the U.S.
ONCOLOGY BUSINESS UNIT
We’re all here to make an impact – to achieve our bold ambition of eliminating cancer as a cause of death.
In the Oncology Business Unit we relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our commitment means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease.
What you’ll do
We are currently recruiting a Senior Administrative Coordinator to provide direct support to the SVP Strategy, Access and Business Transformation, OBU. This is an exciting opportunity for you to take on a challenging, proactive and varied role and be part of the team. The Senior Administrative Coordinator is highly visible and must be able to engage effectively at all levels of the organization.
Typical accountabilities include:
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the SVP. This includes exercising independent judgment in determination of priorities related to managing the leader’s calendar, travel schedule and correspondence.
- Manage complex executive calendars to schedule meetings, conference calls, and special events, including exercising discretion as to priority and decision-making responsibility.
- Manage planning, coordination and logistics for leadership team meetings, key projects, Town Halls and culture building events
- Support SVP in setting priorities, driving alignment and establishing relevant goals and related activities with respective team(s) and in communicating and make visible priorities, progress and actions to stakeholders.
- Develop and manage dashboards and trackers for specific projects and activities.
- Handle multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements and expense reports with accuracy and efficiency, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely actions are taken.
- Act as informed deputy in dealing with internal and external "clients" on behalf of SVP; interacts effectively with, and caters to, external visitors (high level, VIPs).
- Act as informed deputy in reviewing and approving reports on behalf of SVP, with clear direction and acceptable practices.
- May be responsible for providing broad administrative coordination and project support to other senior leaders within the team.
- As a member of the administrative support community, you will be responsible for providing back-up support and other assistance to other administrative staff, including training, and for contributing actively to the on-going development and implementation of shared practices.
- Communicates on behalf of the supervisor, including following up and clarifying work assignments.
- Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, PowerPoint presentations, and reports under normally tight time constraints.
- Prepare meeting agendas, presentation materials and minutes.
- Prepare and edit correspondence and general communications for Leadership review.
- Apply knowledge of AstraZeneca processes and systems.
- As appropriate, provide seamless coverage/assistance in the executive suite.
- Effectively manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential for the role
- H.S. diploma required; college degree preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience providing direct administrative support to senior executives.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook.
- Strong written and communication skills, and the ability to interact confidently with executives and employees at all levels.
- Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments and find solutions to complete complex tasks.
- Should be able to work autonomously and proactively, and at the same time, collaborate and partner effectively with other members of the administrative support community.
- Flexible to self-organise and adapt to ever changing needs and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to demonstrate proactivity, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives.
- Experience of providing administrative support in a global corporate environment across multiple time zones
Desirable for the role
- Previous experience in a global pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm is desired.
We’re brave disruptors – entrepreneurial, courageous and pioneering in our approach. Here you have the opportunity to step up, take personal accountability and lead changes in our ever-evolving environment. A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. Here we are always looking to learn more, welcoming the varied opportunities to expand our horizons or develop niche expertise. Coupled with our agility and sharp focus on talent development, there is an exciting opportunity to accelerate a rewarding and meaningful career.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Inclusion & Diversity: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/inclusion-diversity
Career Site: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.