Senior Administrative Coordinator, Human Resources - Oncology Business Unit
Do you have strong organizational skills, a proactive mindset and the passion for pushing assignments through to execution? Would you like to use your global administrative experience to support a company that turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Administrative Coordinator to join our team in AstraZeneca's Human Resources (HR) department. This position will report directly to the Global VP of Human Resources for OBU and will provide the highest level of administrative support for the department. This role impacts the reputation of the function as it serves as the initial point of contact. The Oncology Business Unit is a fast paced, changing environment which requires resilience and personal flexibility; due to routine and urgent business critical requests across several time zones, the position is often required to be available outside regular working hours. The role has a high job complexity and the successful candidate must have a high level of independence to meet requirements outlined above with minimal supervision.
- Manage the schedule, appointments, travel arrangements and expenses for VP of HR for OBU when necessary.
- Serves as initial point of contact for the business and – provide process and project support for the OBU HR function
- Coordinates internal and external meetings so that they run smoothly, including scheduling meeting times, making travel arrangements for attendees, and ensuring that various meeting amenities are available
- Able to set up meetings & teleconference calls using various types of technology, including: telepresence, video conferencing, teleconference, WebEx, etc
- Provide project management support including efficient planning, tracking and reporting of progress/milestones and budget management.
- Well versed in office tools, particularly excel and PowerPoint. The position will have a critical accountability for processing reports and analyzing people trends. The role will also be responsible for supporting the team with compiling and formatting team presentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associate’s Degree or proven equivalent experience required
- 5 years of administrative/project coordinator experience preferably in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- Demonstrated success in managing complex cross-matrix projects
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills, candidate must be proficient with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Works well independently and as a team member
- Ability to adapt to changing projects and or priorities
- Driven to strive for solutions with a “can-do” attitude
- Resilient through uncertainty and communicating/collaborating to ensure clarity
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications and other industry applications, e.g. SharePoint and BOX
- Previous administrative support experience in Human Resources
- Prior project coordinator/project management experience in complex business environment
- Understanding of the drug development and commercialization process
- Oncology or Specialty care therapy experience
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.