Scientist I/II - Mass Spec /Protein Characterization - BPD
The Early Stage Formulation Sciences is seeking a talented and highly-motivated scientist to actively drive technological innovations to support development of novel biologics. The successful candidate will be excited by research at the interface where innovative technology meets product development. The candidate will collaborate with a diverse group of scientists across various disciplines of the organization including but not limited to protein design and engineering, formulation, and analytical groups. The candidate is expected to be able to collaborate in a matrix organization to deliver scientific and operational objectives.
- Expertise in characterization of proteins with mass spectrometry; strong hands-on experience and excellent ability to analyze and interpret protein mass spectrometry data.
- Experience with formulation development and analytical characterization of proteins.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple groups on technical projects, exhibiting self-initiative and drive for results.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of protein design and engineering.
- Knowledge of protein structure and stability.
- Experience with protein expression and purification.
- Experience with in silico/computational protein modeling tools.
The candidate is expected to be able to independently lead, plan, and execute projects on tight timelines. Has the ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, but likewise proficient at anticipating and heading off potential issues. Demonstrates strong scientific thinking/rigor and project organizational skills to navigate projects forward. Effectively and efficiently explains and presents complex scientific concepts to diverse audiences. Displays ability to resolve conflicts through effective interpersonal communications and cross-functional collaborations. Excels at making good decisions, priority setting, and mentoring team members.
Scientist I: B.S. in structural biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, engineering, applied sciences, or related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience, M.S. with a minimum of 8 years of experience, or Ph.D. with 0-3 years of experience.
Scientist II: B.S. in structural biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, engineering, applied sciences, or related field with a minimum of 13 years of experience, M.S. with a minimum of 10 years of experience, PhD with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.