R&D Associate I/II
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration through scientific research. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca has an opportunity for a R&D Associate I/II in the Physicochemical Development Group within the Analytical Sciences Department in Gaithersburg, MD.
The successful candidate will carry out analytical testing using Chromatography, Electrophoresis, and/or Mass Spectrometry techniques in supporting development, manufacturing, and characterization of biopharmaceutical products, such as humanized monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, and recombinant proteins. The candidate will make detailed experimental observations, review and analyze data, and might need to interpret experimental results, and summarize data for presentations and reports. The candidate will have opportunity to author/revise SOPs, protocols, reports and other relevant documentation.
- The candidate must have chemistry or biochemistry laboratory experience. Industry internship experience is a plus.
- The candidate must have a background in protein chemistry and experience on at least one of the following analytical techniques: chromatography (SEC, IEC, RPLC, GC), electrophoresis (cIEF, CE-SDS) and/or mass spectrometry.
- Great teamwork and communication skills, both verbal and written, are critical.
- Good multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills are required.
- The ability to follow SOPs, policies, and regulations, and to perform routine lab equipment maintenance is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills are also necessary.
Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry
R&D Associate I: BS with some relevant experience preferred
R&D Associate II: BS with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or MS with some relevant experience preferred
Special Skills/Abilities: Familiarity with data analysis software such as Empower, Openlab is desirable.
Job Complexity: Medium
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.