QC Analyst IV (Biochemistry) - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients worldwide. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. The modern, vibrant scientific campus employs more than 3000 experts in our field, and it is only a short drive from Washington, DC. It is filled with cutting edge technology. Our labs spaces were built to facilitate teamwork, interaction and cross functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We offer everything from bean bag rooms for creative brain storming, game rooms and Zen garden to treadmill stations and regular campus happy hours. The Gaithersburg site offer a variety of amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center.
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life-changing medicines! Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the leaders in BioPharmaceuticals.
- Direct experience and knowledge in Kinetic Chromogenic Endotoxin
- Experience with Lead Low Endotoxin Recovery (LER) studies
- Lead Endotoxin Sample Hold Time studies
- Participate in the development and execution of study protocols
- Author technical reports related to endotoxin studies
- Participate in method validation and method transfer activities
- Interface with other functional groups within and outside of QC
- Experience in GMP regulated analytical environments
- Critical thinking skills, ability to manage time, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience interacting with people from a wide range of skill levels and experience
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, microbiology or a related scientific discipline
- Must have Kinetic Chromogenic Endotoxin experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.