Project Manager, External Associations & Scientific Partnerships
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA or Mississauga, CA
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Project Manager, External Associations & Scientific Partnershipsrole in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
About the Oncology Business Unit
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build an extraordinary career. Here we are always looking to learn more, welcoming the varied opportunities to expand our horizons or develop niche expertise. Embrace the unparalleled access to industry-leading research, technology and pipeline product launches with a footprint in every region. Coupled with our agility and sharp focus on talent development, there is an exciting opportunity to accelerate a rewarding and significant career!
What You'll Do:
Drive planning and execution for the External Associations & Scientific Partnerships (EA&SP) team within OBU Global Medical Affairs. The role would include project planning and tracking, budget management, cross-functional coordination with other Global Medical Affair teams, and relationship building with external organizations.
- Creates and maintains project plans for planned activities within the function.
- Tracks and reports on program milestones and impact for team across the portfolio of 50+ annual activities.
- Will be responsible for designing an approach and implementing a CRM database or application for managing external relationships, corporate agreements, memberships, benefits, and planned program outcomes.
- Helps refine business requirements, set priorities, lead expectations, resolve issues for system.
- Oversees budget and project portfolio as it relates to EA&SP and reports to team on monthly run rate, actuals versus forecast.
- Supports annual planning cycle and prepares content for financial business updates.
- Identify training needs and formulate annual training & communication plan for EA&SP.
- Travel: This position may require a certain level of travel to support EA&SP activities, estimated to be 10%-30%.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in project or program management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry or similar with comprehensive understanding of the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products
- Bachelor's degree
- CRM or database experience
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Experience working in a global setting, managing stakeholders within different time zones
- Budget management and reporting
- Evidence of designing, shaping and implementing innovative solutions and driving any changes
Nice to have:
- Experience in R&D or Medical Affairs strongly preferred (Global, Regional, or local)
- Experience working within a partnership or alliance
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
#theplacetOBU #oncologycareers #lifeatAZ #Bravedisruptors
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.