Program Manager, Logistics and Clinical Supply - (on site)
Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group :
This position is not a remote position, must be onsite
Logistics and Clinical Supply is a key group embedded within Biopharmaceutical Development (BPD), the large molecule CMC development power-house of AstraZeneca. As part of our team in Gaithersburg, MD you will play a pivotal role in bringing BPD science to patients. We’re right at the front end of an integrated R&D organization delivering life-changing new medicines to clinical trials worldwide. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work across all of our key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, infection and vaccines. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the broad AstraZeneca family, while at the same enjoying the agility and connectivity of a close, innovative team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager will contribute directly to delivery of AstraZeneca investigational products to clinical studies. They will manage production planning activities, improving the use of our resources in developing and delivering supply strategy in line with agreed time, volume, cost, and wastage targets, and meeting product specifications and applicable quality standards.
- Independently planning and managing supply strategy for assigned clinical programs. Developing, forecasting and executing production plan for each asset in order to meet customer demands in a manner that is compliant with standards and regulations, minimizes costs and maximizes quality
- Overseeing a small team of multi-functional professionals (Supply Continuity Team – SCT) and supporting it to deliver the supply chain strategy whilst maintaining good alignment with the clinical development plans and overall program goals.
- Supporting change initiatives by gathering relevant information that can be used to find opportunities for improving the effectiveness of the supply strategy. May include both SCT-initiated changes and supporting those developed by more senior staff
- Uses defined tools, procedures and systems to create and maintain requisite program level information and outputs. Further ensures centralized inventory management including aggregation of clinical demand, creation and review of supply scenarios and allocation of stock to meet agreed recommendations.
- Employs experience and expertise in supply chain management to resolve issues and problems before they disrupt program supply. At a functional level, collects metrics on supply chain capabilities and otherwise applies skills and knowledge to enable enhanced working practices in relation to robust clinical demand / supply management and analysis
- Overall working collaboratively at many interfaces internally and externally to support highly effective program supply delivery
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS or MS degree in a relevant discipline
- BS and 10+ years experience or MS and 8+ years experience
- Direct experience working in a development or technical operations environment in the pharmaceutical, scientific or health care product industry
- Working understanding of supply chain planning, inventory and materials management
- Appreciation of the considerations in working in a regulated (GXP) environment
- Experience in managing cross-functional aspects of project delivery
- IT Savvy – demonstrated experience working with technical IT systems
- Ability to work independently under general supervision, work being monitored for technical judgement and achievement.
- Specific experience in supply chain planning or clinical trials supply
- Some experience leading and managing projects
- Ability to re-engineer processes
- Sound understanding of the drug development process and ideally also experience in some technical aspect of delivering biotech products to the clinic
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and collaborate effectively within cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey to build a new kind of organisation that resets expectations of what a biopharmaceutical company can be. Open to new ways of working, pioneering cutting edge approaches and catalysing new ideas within teams.
Interested? Come and Find out more:
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees. Individuals who are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine based on applicable law, such as medical and religious reasons, can submit a request for a reasonable accommodation. For employees who are not vaccinated and who are granted an exemption to the vaccine requirement for qualifying reasons, the primary accommodation will remain weekly COVID-19 PCR testing.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.