Postdoc Fellow – High-Concentration Antibody Formulations
Ready for an industry postdoc?
We’re currently looking for talented scientists to join our innovative academic-style Postdoc. From our center in Gaithersburg, US, you’ll be in a global pharmaceutical environment, contributing to live projects right from the start. You’ll take part in a comprehensive training program, including a focus on drug discovery and development, given access to our existing Postdoctoral research, and encouraged to pursue your own independent research in cutting edge laboratories. It’s a newly expanding 3-year program spanning a range of therapeutic areas across a wide range of disciplines.
What’s more, you’ll have the support of a leading academic advisor, who’ll provide you with the guidance and knowledge you need to develop your career. This is an exciting area that hasn’t been explored to its full potential, making this an opportunity to make a real difference to the future of medical science.
About the Opportunity:
As a postdoctoral candidate at AstraZeneca, you will be part of a global pharmaceutical company where you will have access to the state-of-the-art research facilities. You will have the opportunity to lead a novel and cutting-edge research project at the interface of drug discovery and biopharmaceutical development in a multi-disciplinary scientific environment.
Your project will focus on protein design and engineering-based approaches that can enhance the developability properties of lead antibody drug candidates targeted for use in high concentration liquid combination products. While you will have the opportunity to publish in high impact peer-reviewed journals, your scientific findings will feed into drug development processes and platforms that are aimed at enhancing patient experience in using life-saving medicines.
If this sounds like your passion, don’t miss out on this chance to make a real scientific impact and to advance your career!
Essential Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in structural biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields.
- Strong scientific background in the areas of protein design and engineering, protein expression and characterization.
- Proven ability and track record to publish in peer reviewed journals
- Highly motivated and innovative, effective problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic cross-functional environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Molecular biology with advanced PCR and molecular cloning techniques
- Biophysical and biochemical analytical skills; examples include ELISA, affinity measurements, dynamic light scattering, mass spectrometry
- Protein expression, purification and characterization experience
- Experience with in silico/computational tools to analyze protein structure
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energizsed and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.