Post Doctoral Fellow
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. We're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow in Lung Regeneration Proteomics/Metabolomics, you will work in the laboratory as member of the lung regeneration/stem cell team closely collaborating with the expanding proteomics and metabolomics excellence center using state-of-the-art proteomics and metabolomics technologies to investigate biological questions related to lung regeneration. This is a key cross-functional position that requires comprehensive expertise and hands-on experience in stem cells and an interest in how to apply state-of-the-art OMICS technologies to biological questions.
You must be passionate about life science and lab bench work. You must also have a thorough understanding of stem cells and have an interest in mass spectrometry-based OMICS technologies to answer biological questions.
You are a fast learner, excellent communicator and thoughtful team member.
You should be highly motivated, innovative, detail-oriented, creative, well organized and able to work independently when designing and executing experiments and will be expected to manage and prioritize several different projects and tasks in line with the objectives of the group. Your projects may include stem cell differentiation, preparation of samples for mass spectrometric analysis, application of bioinformatics tools to interpret the generated data and communicating your results across departments. You may work with stem cell lines, tissue samples from animal models and patient material.
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related field
- The candidate must have prior experience in stem cell technologies and an interest in applying metabolomics and/or proteomics to answer biological questions
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and exhibit the ability to successfully work cross-functionally. Furthermore, the candidate should demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, attention to detail and willingness to learn new technologies, flexibility and confidence
- Demonstrate scientific productivity in collaborative environments
- Proven ability to publish in peer-reviewed journals, generate technical report summaries and protocols
- Some experience in applying mass spectrometry to answer biological questions
- Ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to investigate drug candidates and disease properties
- Experience with bioinformatics tools such as MaxQuant or Skyline is a plus
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.