Pilot Production Technician III - BPD
As a pilot production associate in the Clinical production team within Biopharmaceutical Development, you’ll build broad knowledge of bioprocessing in a cGMP environment to launch your career in the biopharmaceutical industry. In this role you will take an adaptable, science driven approach to everything you do. You will become an integral part of process development, accelerating product candidates into the clinic and gaining knowledge and experience in cell culture, purification and critical support activities. Under the supervision of highly trained personnel, you will gain the process knowledge and skillsets to perform large scale clinical development activities through hands-on training. You will join a collaborative and driven team in a world class biopharmaceutical company that is driving disruptive innovation in the industry.
Bachelors degree and 4+ years experience OR Associates degree and 5-6 years experience OR high school diploma and 9+ years experience.
- Assists more junior manufacturing personnel to comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Master Production Records (MPR’s), and Solution Production Records (SPRs)
- Serves as the “Subject Matter Expert” in unit operation
- Provides training to more junior staff, when needed
- Mentors others for the unit operation
- Routinely monitors manufacturing processes and recognizes potential process issues as they arise; proactively escalates identified issues to senior staff
- Troubleshoots problems and recommends potential solutions to those in more senior roles
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
- Reviews Master Production Records for accuracy and completion of process steps, as requested
- Leads unit operations or projects, as requested
Support Services Technical Principal Duties
- Proficient in the operation of all area specific production equipment such as glass washers, autoclaves, fixed and portable stainless steel tanks, etc.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.