Pilot Production Technician II - BPD
As a pilot production associate in the Clinical production team within Biopharmaceutical Development, you’ll build broad knowledge of bioprocessing in a cGMP environment to launch your career in the biopharmaceutical industry. In this role you will take an adaptable, science driven approach to everything you do. You will become an integral part of process development, accelerating product candidates into the clinic and gaining knowledge and experience in cell culture, purification and critical support activities. Under the supervision of highly trained personnel, you will gain the process knowledge and skillsets to perform large scale clinical development activities through hands-on training. You will join a collaborative and driven team in a world class biopharmaceutical company that is driving disruptive innovation in the industry.
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years experience OR Associates degree and 3-4 years experience OR high school diploma and 7+ years experience
- Proficient in bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment such as: incubators, stainless steel and disposable single-use bioreactors, depth filtration skids, chromatography skids, single-use mixers, centrifuges, washers, autoclaves, tanks and in-process testing instruments.
- Performs SIP, CIP and manual cleaning and sanitization of equipment
- Monitors critical process parameters and performs first-line troubleshooting of equipment and processing.
- Performs daily manufacturing tasks per Standard Operating Procedures and Manufacturing Production Records.
- Performs in- process analytical instrument measurement testing
- Documents all manufacturing activities clearly and accurately per cGMP and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in forecasting, identifying and ensuring equipment, materials and set-up of process nec are adequate and available.
- Ensures all production activities are completed in an aseptic, safe and compliant manor.
- Interacts regularly with co-workers, senior personnel and supervisors in dynamic team environment to improve quality and process efficiency
- Provides training to more junior staff, as requested
- Assist in reviewing, authoring and provides feedback about Master Production Records and standard operation documents as needed, to accurately reflect process steps and capture process changes
- Assists in the execution of validation protocols, as requested
Support Services Technical Principal Duties
- Weighs and checks raw materials, assemble and clean process equipment, monitor processes
- Perform SIP, CIP and manual cleaning and sanitization of equipment
- Preparation and filtration of production scale buffer and media solutions.
- Proficient in the operation of all area specific production equipment such as glass washers, autoclaves, fixed and portable stainless steel tanks, etc.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.