People Service Advisor
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
The People Service Advisor provides effective HR service delivery through the following:
- Delivering a quality and trusted HR advisory service through every customer interaction
- Resolving low to medium complexity HR queries and issues in respect of various global and local HR policies and processes as defined in the Global HR Services Service Catalogue.
- Responsible for providing a trusted and quality HR advisory service by resolving low to medium complexity HR queries and issues in respect of various global and local HR policies and processes, as defined in the Global HR Services service catalogue.
- Utilize Knowledge Base to manage all incoming call center queries that can be resolved during phone call or that require basic investigation to provide resolution; proactively utilize all resources and technology available
- For activities under the People Services scope, the People Services Advisor is responsible for updating / processing HR data accurately to ensure a compliant, accurate database in Workday and sending relevant information to Payroll (to ensure that Workday and Payroll data is aligned and accurate).
- Maintain accuracy of the country specific knowledge base for People Services Advisors – e.g. FAQs, People Services policies, tipsheets etc.
- Make efficient use of HR technology to support day-to-day activities and the delivery of a positive and engaging customer experience. Manage and utilize all supported channels (phone, email, case management, employee self-service portal, chat feature, postal mail) to ensure timely responses and ensure achievement of internal service level agreements. For example, use ticketing tools (ServiceNow) to effectively log and track queries and, based on insights from day-to-day activities, propose potential changes or enhancements to MyHR content and local knowledge base documentation (e.g. FAQs, tipsheets).
- Adhere to the governance model as defined by the Global People Services organization.
- Ensure service related activities are of the correct quality and in accordance with written procedures and current legal requirements / internal standards.
- Raise issues in a timely manner and escalate appropriately so resolution is found and service quality is not impacted.
- Take actions to advocate and drive employee self-service solutions and intranet as a key resource
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in root cause analysis activities when required.
- Identify initiatives / good practice which could be scaled more broadly (i.e. across countries) and inform the Service Delivery Manager Work with Global People Services colleagues to actively listen to and propose improved ways of working and work with relevant stakeholders to translate into actionable change.
- Support continuous improvement projects as assigned and ensure completion of activities on time
Essential for this role
- Minimum of a HS Diploma or equivalent is required, Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum two year’s experience of relevant HR, Payroll experience or equivalent required.
- Experience with working in a customer service environment and of having worked in a technology driven environment
- Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Work collaboratively, as part of a team
- Able to work independently and take accountability for the quality of personal outputs and success
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English and local language
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, service minded, verbal (phone) and written communication, as well as active listening skills to handle a volume of inbound inquiries from employees/customers; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Establish positive relationships throughout HR and with process partners
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
Desirable for this role
- Previous experience in working in a service desk function
- Experience in using of query ticketing tools / CRM solutions
- Payroll experience
- Possesses knowledge of AZ HR systems (Workday and Service Now is a plus)
- Knowledge in country HR legislation, AZ policy and processes
- Practical experience providing HR advice via e-mail or phone
- Ability to quickly learn and work in a cloud-based solution
Join us today.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.