Payer Capabilities Director
Job Title: Payer Capabilites Director
Location: Cambridge UK, Luton UK, Gothenburg Sweden, Gaithersburg US
Opening date for applications: 15th October 2019
Closing date for applications: 15th November 2019
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Our Global and Market Access and Pricing (GMAP) team ambition is to create and deliver market access solutions to unlock the potential of our life changing medicines, globally. AstraZeneca recognises payers as a vital stakeholder within the pharmaceutical ecosystem and therefore strengthening our capabilities to work effectively in the evolving payer landscape. As such, several new roles have been created to build our competences to provide innovative solutions for the growing payer challenges of managing costs while trying to improve patient outcomes.
You will work closely with the leadership team and HR Business Partner to build industry leading capabilities across the GMAP function (Market Access, Pricing, and Health Economics). You will be responsible for identifying current skill gaps and development a training programme to optimise global team delivery of our ambition. A core focus will be to improve current platforms, as well as investigate new tools and frameworks to improve GMAP efficiencies in delivering materials and payer workshops, standardise best practice, and ensure training sustainability for the future.
A priority of the GMAP team is providing high quality tools and materials for local (country level) market access teams to adapt and utilise within their markets. As such, you will support the GMAP teams build capabilities within local market access teams, and in particular help prepare for negotiations in an evolving payer landscape with Innovative Value Solutions (IVS) and outcomes-based contracting. Although our team currently focus on core markets, your role will also explore mechanisms to best share our resources and training to as wider reach as possible, globally.
In addition to upskilling and retaining current GMAP talent, you will support the leadership team in attracting and developing new talent into the GMAP organisation. This will include the creation of a world leading onboarding programme for pricing and market access. A key part of your role will also be to design and implement communications mechanisms to upskill the wider organization on payer environments and requirements. Critical to your success in this role will be an in-depth knowledge of payer and healthcare systems globally and proven ability to apply varying strategic and analytical approaches across different cultures.
- Identify current and emerging market access capabilities gaps to required for successful market access for AstraZeneca’s future portfolio in the evolving payer environment
- Develop and deliver a sustainable, industry leading capability development programme and learning resources for the Global Market Access and Pricing function. This will include, but is not limited to negotiation training, IVS training, pricing training, and generating a host capabilities platform to ensure future sustainability.
- Implement a process to track and measure training progress and ROI
- Provide mentorship on payer training for regional, and local market access teams in order to build capabilities for future negotiations
- Produce and maintain an onboarding platform to ensure new starters are fully supported and aware of all available resources
- Focus on high quality recruitment and retention of talent, working closely with the HR Business partner to identify and attract talent from across the business
- Track capabilities and knowledge gaps within the team
- Design AstraZeneca-wide training to improve cross-functional knowledge about different payer systems, and GMAP activities
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field Life Sciences, Business, Marketing, etc.
- Proven experience in training and capability development
- Experience in Pricing and Market Access, and global understanding of market access environments
- Demonstrable ability to influence across function and level
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High standards of competence relating to IT systems and technology
- Strong workshop leadership and facilitation skills
- Ability to develop strategy and build and implement actions plans to execute
Apply now to join us and help turn ideas into life changing medicines!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.