Operations Procurement Manager - External Manufacturing
We lead our industry in our development of a strong and varied pipeline. This means our people are here to win, we give you a breadth of opportunities to be curious and do cutting edge, unique work that has big impact on science and medicine.
Reporting to the Associate Director of External Manufacturing Procurement Business Operations, the Global Category Manager (GCM) role will lead sourcing & procurement activities for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API), and Formulation & Packaging (F&P) categories of external manufacturing, for both small molecule and biologics businesses. Will lead commercial procurement activities with assigned Suppliers, and for assigned Brands within a therapy area in support of Therapy Area Directors within the team.
In conjunction with other team members, develops long term strategies on two dimensions: for brands, working with Therapy Leads to drive end-to-end supply chain value, as well as full product lifecycle value; for technologies, developing API and F&P category strategies. Ultimately ensuring that the external supply base can support these strategies well into the future.
- Contributes to implementation of Therapy Area and Category plans to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Supports Associate Directors in the development of long term strategic plans.
- Supports strategic relationship management (internal business partner and supplier) - to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Works alongside AZ Global Procurement Services (central procurement services organization) in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Executes Master Supply Agreements, and/or individual product contracts for assigned Suppliers or Brands.
- The successful candidate will be involved in commercial conflicts, pricing disputes, inadequate products being supplied
- Supports risk assessment processes for suppliers.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in supply chain, business, or science
- 5 + years' experience preferred
- Significant experience in a regulated environment, such as pharmaceuticals or devices, with strong market knowledge
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and strong collaboration skills
- Commercial, Procurement experience, negotiating large, complex deals
- Healthcare industry is a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence others
- Analytical and Systems acumen, working with Procure-to-pay systems, SAP, Microsoft Suite
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.