Oncology Training & Development, Program Manager, IO/EGFR
Oncology Training & Development, Program Manager, IO/EGFR
At AstraZeneca, we have an opportunity to really lead, encouraging others to be open to always learning, especially from failures. It’s an exciting opportunity to make our mark on the healthcare ecosystem, the industry and business, and, most importantly, our patients.
The Program Manager, IO/EGFR provides end-to-end support for an assigned Therapeutic Area (TA) or Capability focused team within the Oncology Training & Development team. This position will serve as a strategic partner for the team’s daily operations by providing forward-thinking, user-focused processes, and technology solutions that ensure the optimal user experience. Primary duties include project management, training evaluation, and reporting, identifying budget effectiveness strategies, program logistics, as well as organizational development. The Program Manager will provide strategic planning and training solutions that better the business and ensure best-in-class training programs are implemented across the AZ commercial field-based teams as aligned to business needs.
The AstraZeneca Gaithersburg campus is located in Montgomery County, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, D.C. While Gaithersburg is part of a regional high technology corridor, the city has preserved its small-town appeal with smart urban development and planned communities like Kentlands and Lakelands (across the street from the core campus), and Crown Farm, all of which are walkable communities serviced by an array of public transportation options. Part of this thriving community, the Gaithersburg campus is surrounded by residential neighborhoods, schools, retail, and restaurants, and is easily accessible with a variety of transportation options.
AstraZeneca is at home in this Sustainable Maryland Certified City and shares Gaithersburg's commitment to environmental stewardship. The site offers options that simplify and facilitate sustainable transportation choices, making it easier for our employees and visitors to reach the campus and its surroundings Gaithersburg is served by three large airports and is accessible to the Washington Area Metro system which includes rail and bus service.
- Creates and implements learning and development experiences, partnering with stakeholders to build a high-performing organization. Ensures training programs support the evolving needs of the business and address new initiatives with an emphasis on current trends and practices.
- Supports the development and implementation of a comprehensive training curriculum that aligns with core competencies supporting the overall TA or Capability focused strategy.
- Provides project management expertise for the Training teams by identifying and tracking milestones, anticipating and managing program risks, informing key stakeholders of status and issues, coordinating and facilitating functional meetings and communications, and ensuring central access to key planning documents and materials.
- Captures best practices and insights from other teams within OTD as well as external partners in an effort to optimize and improve the impact of our learning programs.
- Leads training content asset management for assigned team and the knowledge management of those materials in the OTD master repository. Serves as LMS lead administrator for assigned team.
- Works closely with vendors during the creation of training materials to ensure all curricula are properly developed and maintained as per AZ policies and guidelines.
- Collaborates with key cross-functional partners to ensure training strategy and plan are aligned to business goals, objectives, and strategies. Conducts ongoing needs assessment and recommendations on gaps and innovations to be considered by the training teams.
- Leads post-training event sustainment practices to include evaluations and assessments against identified objectives and is responsible for the report back to the business with clear recommendations on sustainment requirements.
Essential for the role
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Oncology Experience required
- Minimum of at least 1 accumulated year of training or training related/ key account management experience
Preferred for the role
- Advanced degree in industrial-organizational psychology, MBA, or a related field
- Knowledge of instructional systems design preferred
- Experience with TA subject matter knowledge and/or application within Oncology
- Experience in global markets preferred
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next?
If you’re curious to know more then please reach out to Michael Fulginiti (Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org). We welcome your application!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.