Oncology Medical Training Leader
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking and ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do dynamic and significant work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of building life changing medicine.
We are hiring a new role, Oncology Medical Training (OMT) Leader, who is responsible for designing and executing the Enhertu educational curriculum to support the AstraZeneca medical team worldwide. You will partner with the with Global Medical Affairs Leads (GMAL) to identify global medical training needs and develop assets to address them. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively developing innovative trainings and metrics to assess their success. They will need to be able to develop a network within the organization to assist in the development and successful implementation of activities across teams throughout the organization.
For a designated product(s) and therapy area, the role will have the responsibility for supporting on-line portals to deliver engaging and innovative e- learning modules and training globally.
Lead the assessment of knowledge gaps and identify scientific training needs with other Global Medical Affairs functions as well as colleagues in the marketing countries
Lead the development of new scientific content to meet the changing knowledge and capability requirements of medical personnel and especially customer-facing roles in Medical Affairs
Proactively communicate with Global Medical Information and key country medical leads to global stakeholders to, ensure awareness of currently available and future scientific content
Training will need to include disease state, patient journey, therapeutic landscape, preclinical, clinical and real-world evidence data from within AZ.
Identify, manage and collaborate with outsource providers for development of new content material and training
Partner with external experts to help identify and develop new trainings
Partner with Global MSL Excellence roles to collaborate the incorporation of skill training when appropriate
Create and maintain in-person training plan and roll-out to markets
Support the localization of training in the United States
Evaluate overall curricula and certifications within OMT to identify best practices and drive ongoing improvements
Engage the learner through innovative e-learning techniques and utilize adult learning principles, to create, update, and maintain trainings
Ensure compliance with global guidelines and policies, processes and procedures
Responsible for review and approval of material prior to posting to any on-line portals
Deliver high performance, efficiency and effectiveness of the OMT team by improving on benchmarks, best practices and SOPs related to scientific content, data, and skills
Develop and execute activities to measure the effectiveness in meeting educational objectives
Requirements -- Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in scientific discipline or applicable health sciences field (Masters Degree or higher) or a Bachelor’s Degree with clinical experience
- Extensive experience in oncology
- Significant medical affairs experience in pharmaceutical industry (8 years plus) and significant experience in global teams
- Experience in creating and implementing training programs
- Understanding of adult education learning principles and how to engage learner through innovative techniques
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing medical strategy and medical plans in Oncology
- Demonstrated experience in managing budget
- Demonstrated project management experience with a proven record of driving impact
- Experience in developing new services & programs
Skills and Capabilities.
- Ability to think strategically and deliver long range plans that are aligned with broader organizational objectives
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global and regional environment
- In-depth working knowledge of customer-facing Medical Affairs functions, preferably with prior In-Country, Regional or Global experience
- Proven expertise in scientific content, with relevant scientific or TA focused background and experience within relevant TA including:
- An ability to identify content training gaps within relevant material
- An ability to fill identified gaps with relevant trainings or educational materials
- Expertise in training programs relevant to Medical Affairs within the markets with proven ability to create and deliver on trainings that address identified gaps
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, conflict management
- Strong ability to effectively collaborate with various roles across Medical in the markets
- High ethical standards
- Reports to Senior Director, Oncology Medical Training
- Indirect Reports: works in close collaboration with medical roles across the organization
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.