Network Strategy Analytics, Sr Manager
AtAstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The GSC&S Network Strategy group drives the development of the overall Network strategy for AstraZeneca including evaluating the evolution of our global supply chain footprint and our sourcing strategy on whether to manufacture internally or use contract manufacturers. In addition, the group also helps evaluate technologies emerging from the pipeline and collaborate with PT&D, BPD, Global Engineering, TA teams (TA VPs and GSSDs) and key strategic sites to evolve our network to deliver those new technologies and products, as well as evaluating our mature portfolio and impact on network as volumes change and products are divested. Within this context, the Senior Manager, Network Strategy Analytics is responsible for planning, directing and overseeing a wide range of analytical initiatives to enable network strategy related decision making across GSC&S organization. The individual plays a key role in defining and building key capabilities that will enhance data driven insights, enable agile business process and drive a culture of analytical excellence, efficiency and responsiveness.
- Support all aspects of network strategy analytics including, but not limited to, demand validation, capacity planning, scenario planning, benchmarking, business cases, process economics and pipeline analytics
- Actively work with network strategy leads, GSSDs, site functions, finance directors and PT&D to develop network design recommendations reinforced with analytical rigor and stakeholder insights
- Develop effective data analytics tools, methodologies and capabilities to enable data driven insights for strategic decision making
- Identify and define process improvement and simplification opportunities to enhance strategic insights and analytics
- Function as a subject matter expert for specific analytics driven business problems and provide leadership on advanced supply chain modelling approaches
- Lead analytical evaluation of strategic projects (network investment/ divestment, sourcing, market access etc.) by driving cross-functional alignment and priority business cases
- Advance long-term demand and supply scenario modelling and establish impact to supply, cost, risk and trade-offs
- Lead supply chain benchmarking of competitor and peer strategies
- Support cost of goods and process economics assessments
- Partner with business development teams on analyses to support investment / divestment negotiations
- Support annual business planning cycle commitments
- Perform adhoc analysis of priority strategic questions across multiple stakeholder groups
- Prepare, advance and maintain industry relevant content for external leadership forums
- Keeps own knowledge of best practices current
- Ability to travel as required
- May have some budgetary responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Life Sciences, Business or IT
- 6-10 years of work experience in relevant field
- Prior experience in Strategy/ Operations Consulting, Business Intelligence or Analytics
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management techniques
- Exceptional analytics capabilities and communication skills
- Operate with high degree of autonomy in matrix environment
- Exceptional initiative, teamwork and ability to work independently
- Results driven, and focused individual combined with a quantitative outlook with ability to organize, motivate and lead stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management or MBA
- Bio/ Small Molecule Manufacturing Experience
- Relevant Professional Certification
- Project Management experience
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Experience with data sciences, statistical analysis and network optimization modelling
- Experience with AZ Operations reporting tools
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.