What you'll do
As a Sales Representative with us, you’ll sell life-changing medicines within one of four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic, and other diseases. Using your exceptional selling skills and personable attitude, you’ll build strong and strategic partnerships with healthcare providers across your territory – from clinicians and pharmacists to nurses and consultants.
The part you play in our business will be challenging, yet rewarding, requiring you to use your resilient, collaborative and diplomatic skillsets to make connections. The majority of your work will be field based, and will require you to be highly-organised, planning your monthly schedule, attending meetings and calls, as well as writing up reports.
As one of the world’s leading BioPharmaceutical companies, we work to impact lives across R&D through to commercialisation. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the freedom to embrace your entrepreneurial spirit, sharing our medicines with customers in your territory and beyond.
Offering a clear development programme, we’ll train you to better understand and sell your product portfolio. And, we’ll enable you to meet your own development goals too. As well as structured support, you’ll benefit from the support of those around you – leaders and peers alike. Whether that’s receiving help from the marketing team or gaining compliance advice, we’ll be there to guide you. This is about doing the right thing, making an impact in the right way. Together.
No matter your experience or background, if you’ve got the passion and drive to progress, we’ll help you to succeed. These are some of the skills and capabilities we look for to ensure that success:
As this is a mobile role, you’ll be doing a lot of your work on your own. Being independent will be an important skill when delivering on targets. This means staying resilient and motivated in order to work successfully and meet your territory objectives.
You’ll be connecting with a range of healthcare professionals with different product needs. Interpersonal and relationship-building skills are vital to your collaborative role. And, where possible, you’ll use those skills to proactively identify new business opportunities.
Being on the road, you’ll be able to manage your own time, working around your various tasks. For this, you’ll need to be flexible in the way you work with the ability to adapt to and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
This is a heavily-regulated industry, so working within it means taking responsibility and being particularly observant when selling our products. This means managing your work and territory with diplomacy and in a way that is compliant.
National Account Strategy Lead, Oncology
National Account Strategy Lead, Oncology
works with identified oncology accounts’ executive leadership and director-level leadership (e.g. pharmacy, medical, quality) to advance AstraZeneca business priorities including but not limited to new product/indication introduction and launch, portfolio and product value proposition communication, provider institution formulary product access achievement, appropriate oncology pathway design, and GPO contract pull-through. NOADs leads AstraZeneca cross-functional customer-facing team development of account-level strategies consistent with mutual business objectives in priority accounts and closely collaborates with these teams to ensure effective plan implementation.
The Oncology National Strategy Lead Role
This is an integral member of the NOAD leadership team and is responsible for maximizing the NOAD team’s operational effectiveness both across AstraZeneca and with target customers. As the Oncology National Strategy Lead in Gaithersburg, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in focusing AZ’s advanced cross-functional customer engagement capabilities to make a positive impact on patients’ lives.
This position will report directly into the Head of Oncology Access Strategy and will work in close partnership with the NOAD Team, the Oncology Access Strategy team, as well as OBU HQ and field-facing cross-functional business partners.
- Enable strategy development & alignment with OAS & other functional groups, above brand marketing to support NOAD/ADORAs, Organizational efficiencies & special projects
- Lead, manage and contribute to all key aspects of the NOAD Team’s strategic and operational planning
- Co-manage prioritized strategic projects as needed in collaboration with the NOADs as determined by the NOAD Leadership Team, ensuring that key milestones are met, core deliverables are created/updated and that output from the projects inform further planning and Access Strategy Above-Brand annual planning
- Act as internal lead to manage special projects such as OneKAM, Advisory boards in addition to supporting NOADs with account & regional projects that are more complex in scope requiring CFT HQ support.
- Act as above brand marketing lead & development for OAS to support strategic accounts & customer needs
- Liaison and point of contact for resources available across OBU – currently gap in visibility resulting in missed opportunities, potential duplication and no alignment of resources. Enable line of site across the organization on resources.
- Ensure the sharing of best practices and new customer insights to advance the team's thinking relative to opportunities and challenges
- Ensure alignment of state societies & customer organizations under above brand marketing lead
- Support Head, OAS in developing OAS agendas and managing actions. Support activities where external vendor has been used (i.e. TAG) to support OAS strategy and marketing efforts
- Enable identification of cross‐portfolio issues and opportunities
- Champion adoption and drive integration of 'new practices' into team's activity
- Managing the NOAD Leadership Team agendas and managing action lists arising from those meetings
- Develop senior leadership presentations as needed
- Lead NOAD and Access Strategy budget and resource planning
- Lead/manage special projects as needed
Reasons to Join
There are many things I enjoy when working at AstraZeneca, mainly the Speak up culture, the great colleagues that are in my teams, the great products that AstraZeneca provides to our patients and the challenging conversations I have around our medicines.
Working at AstraZeneca has impacted my life in such a positive way. I now have an improved work-life balance through creating my own schedule and time management, I feel a balance that I didn’t have before.
There are a lot of reasons why I enjoy working in AstraZeneca, my colleagues being one of them. My team members and the managers have provided a great deal of guidance in helping me to be more confident in my daily work.
There’s a whole spectrum of perks that come with being a Sales Representative. From taking on the responsibility to enjoying opportunities to progress vertically and laterally. Discover some of our benefits:
We set you up to progress at every stage with structured goals and targets. There are also many routes you can take, from sales team management to product management, and beyond.
The work you do will allow you to take on a lot of responsibility, getting to know your product and owning the way you work – from your schedule and territory, to your strategy and the development of goals.
We reward based on your performance. So, by creating a big impact – both on our commercial growth and your personal development – you’ll be rewarded well.
Our training is of a high quality. From onboarding to on the job training, from learning from peers to product training, discover multiple opportunities to develop.