Associate Medical Director, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
At AstraZeneca, our aim is to help improve the outcomes of cancer patients with the ambition to one day eliminate cancer as a cause of death. Throughout our history, our innovative science has led to practice-changing medicines for patients with cancer, and although we have come so far, there is still much to be done. We are committed to encouraging our research to redefine the treatment paradigm for GI cancers.
CLL, is a focus for AstraZeneca. As our understanding of the features that fuel these sophisticated tumor types grow, the way we classify Liver cancers and how to treat them will undoubtedly change, something we are orchestrating at AstraZeneca. We are owning an exciting phase of scientific discovery and innovation and are identifying ways of improving outcomes for patient populations that are associated with poor clinical outcomes.
The US Associate Director of CLL based in our Gaithersburg, MD office is a strategic member of the Medical Affairs - Core Medical Team. You are accountable for assisting with the design and execution of the Medical Plan, and the alignment of US Medical Affairs scientific activities in support of the brand objectives.
- Either as an authority or project manager, develops and refines processes for approving branding materials
- Supports cross-functional medical coordination (MI, MEGO, HEOR, ESRs, PAGs, etc) and follow-up on results from the different functions
- Provide congress support by contributing to the congress planning playbook
- Coordination of US scientific narrative development
- Coordinate/track/pre-launch activities
- Supports the Medical Director in synthesizing Field insights
- Contributes to establishing and implementing policies, procedures, and objectives to ensure medical and scientific accuracy of brand materials
- Provide support on Advisory Boards execution including communications, collaborating with internal and external partners, and discussion guide/content
- With support from the Medical Lead, coordinate the external authority engagement with HQ and the appropriate identification of KEEs for consultancies. Ensure the Insight report is developed and communicated to the Core Medical Team (CMT), and insight planning forums are archived in Engage platform 2H of the year.
- Accountable for ensuring the scientific and medical accuracy of outgoing materials, research papers, and other reports, and may have sign-off authority
- Ensures own knowledge of standard processes and new relevant developments are up to date
- Responsible for adhering to all required ethical and compliance standards as determined by the organization and/or market within the role operates
- Support execution of all MALT (Medical Affairs Leadership Team) directives as requested
- Sophisticated Medical/Scientific degree
- 1+ years of knowledge or experience of the pharmaceutical industry or in the relevant therapeutic area
- Doctorate degree, PharmD (MD or equivalent) with Oncology specialization or PhD in Sciences preferred
- Project management experience
- Change management experience
- At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being ambitious - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey. Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.