Market Access Insights Senior Manager, Oncology
Market Access Insights Senior Manager, Oncology
About the role:
We’re all here to make an impact – to achieve our bold ambition of eliminating cancer as a cause of death. In the Oncology Business Unit, we relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our commitment means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease. In this role, you will be accountable for developing and communicating actionable insights that effectively shape market access strategies for therapeutics as well as diagnostics based on a combination of primary research and secondary data across multiple customer segments, principally among Managed Markets and Access Stakeholders. The Market Access Insights Senior Manager will use sound market research along with strong analytical and critical thinking skills to support the Oncology Market Access Strategy Teams in making calculated decisions, cultivating business cases, and developing relevant customer-facing tools and resources. Keys to success in this position are superlative communication, consultative and influencing skills predicated on a great foundation of market access knowledge, primary market research skills, and secondary data analysis proficiency. This job may require occasional travel.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, deliver and implement market research and insights plans that support both Oncology and Diagnostics Market Access strategies.
- Lead primary market research design and execution, including vendor/project management, with minimal supervision.
- Compile and analyze secondary market research and/or data, including identification and appropriate use of data sources.
- Provide both market access and diagnostics specific market access landscape evaluations, interpretations, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data.
- Create relevant insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic and tactical options.
- Identify business needs proactively and build research/analysis with foresight.
- Develop and maintain market research and analytics budgets.
- Maintain effective relationships with contractors and other third-party vendors through oversight of the vendor management process.
- Lead oncology and diagnostics market access critical metric creation and tracking.
- Leverage/apply AstraZeneca insight standard processes as appropriate.
- BA/BS degree; preferably advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., MBA, PhD)
- 3+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience – Oncology experience preferred
- 3+ years of primary market research and analytical experience applying various primary research techniques and secondary data analysis to inform business decisions
- Detailed understanding of primary market research tools and secondary data analytics across customer segments and channels, i.e., Payer/PBM, Hospital/IDNs, GPO, Pathways, Specialty Distribution, Specialty Pharmacy.
- Strong analytical skills with customary knowledge of a variety of secondary data sources (e.g., IQVIA, SYMPHONY, Specialty Pharmacy data)
- Strong business acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence laterally and vertically; ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage demands of multiple / overlapping projects
- Demonstrated ability to pull together insights from a variety of sources and develop strategic guidance for access teams that result in a business decision or action
- Ability to think strategically and tactically and coordinate the appropriate research and/or analytical expertise necessary to address a variety of different business issues
- Ability to navigate through a lot of information and to identify what’s most important and most actionable
- Ability to work within AstraZeneca's established policies/procedures and core values
- Pharmaceutical, Market Access or Healthcare Policy insight and/or consulting experience strongly preferred
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of biomarkers and diagnostics landscape is desired
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of drug reimbursement and access, i.e. coverage, coding and payment, across both pharmacy and medical benefit drugs is desired
- Diagnostics experience is strongly preferred
- Market Access experience is strongly preferred
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we fuel bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
Join a highly valued, strategic team that is fundamental in realizing the potential of our life-changing medicines. It's through our work that AstraZeneca is able to ensure the right access is provided to our transformative medicines. Working with new drugs, new digital approaches and ever-changing environments, it's crucial that we remain flexible and on top of the detail. Running, thinking and acting fast to make thoughtful decisions and get the right medicines to patients at the right time. We lead the way for the industry with our pioneering valued-based agreements and Innovative Value Strategy solutions. It's our determination and unwavering belief in the power of medicines, and the science sitting behind them, that drives us to ensure their value is realized.
Ready to make your impact in the fight against cancer? Apply now!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.