At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing. We have a strong and long-term ambition to drive a Lean transformation and embed mature Lean ways of working, all of which has improved both Lean maturity and Business Performance.
Global Supply Chain and Strategy (GSC&S) leads the design, development, planning and governance of AstraZeneca’s supply chains to ensure we have the most efficient and effective ways of getting life-changing medicines to patients. GSC&S work closely with our manufacturing sites, our Global External Sourcing organization, and many other areas of the business to ensure we use our manufacturing sites in the best way and have a joined-up approach across our global supply chain.
As the Lean Coach, you will be responsible for driving operational excellence end-to-end in our highly integrated, interdependent supply chains to enable transformational change in the operating systems, management systems, mindsets and behaviours of our people. This to help us deliver our mission “Every medicine, Every Patient, Every Time” at highest quality, lowest cost, and in the shortest lead time.
Due to the nature of the work, supporting a global function, expected travel will be up to 50%.
- In close collaboration with the wider GSC&S Lean team and leaders in the function you will develop plans and execute performance improvement activities at the process and systems level through application of the AstraZeneca Supply System (AZSS) principles.
- Utilising various Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques you will diagnose, analyse and improve business processes.
- Lead deep process analysis through value stream mapping to identify obstacles due to ineffective business processes and can lead Kaizen to improve flow and performance
- Develop visual controls & management to make problems visible and responds with urgency to effectively break down complex problems, lead root cause analysis, and develop effective countermeasures.
- Apply Practical Problem-Solving methodology to solve complex problems
- Collaborate and partner with all levels of the organization to systematically share knowledge as one of the means to develop others and accelerate business results
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo, while driving departmental/regional strategies that align with AstraZeneca’s long-term strategy
- Support teams to mitigate risk, align resources, and drive on time completion of initiatives
- Coach others on effective communication and active listening techniques to fuller understanding of client/customer needs and expectations
- Build trust and develop new relationships with internal and external clients to effectively collaborate and achieve successful outcomes at a functional/global level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, related discipline or equivalent experience will be considered
- Certified Lean Leader or equivalent
- 7 - 10 years of experience in two or more of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Lab Operations, Sourcing or related function
- Experience of working with functional teams in a transactional environment, or demonstrated understanding of applying manufacturing lean principles in a transactional environment
- Experience in analysing complex end-to-end supply chains and driving process improvement
- Extensive experience of demonstrated hands-on experience in the application of Lean tools and techniques: Standardized Work, practical problem solving, kaizen, value stream mapping, mistake proofing, level loading demand and pull systems
- Experience in analysing Value Streams and driving process improvement
- Experience in applying consultative skills: ability to influence decision making, ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to shop floor working teams), project management skills (demonstrated experience in managing large teams), solid business acumen, proven team building skills, exceptionally good listening skills, results oriented, strong analytical skills, and prior process improvement experience.
- Coaching, teaching, and driving a high-performance organization through lean methodology
- Demonstrated application of behavioural, cultural and business change methodologies when driving cross functional process improvement initiatives
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.