IT Snr. Business Relationship Manager - Digital Health
Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the digital health in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might just have the job for you! Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
Within the Digital Health & Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) domain we are looking to recruit into this role an individual with proven SaMD expertise skilled in defining value cases and exploring multi option delivery paths to make a meaningful difference to Patients lives. We are looking to both Diagnose and Treat disease using a variety of digital and data instruments – be they Algorithms in Imaging, Patient Reported Outcomes, Medical IOT or collaborations within a broader HealthCare Partner ecosystem.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
- Build strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior stakeholders , developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Assess and prioritise requirements in line with IT strategy
- Develop and maintain the customer account plan, including accurate customer forecasting, demand planning and effective delivery of the plan
- Manages a portfolio of investments, prioritizing to align with emerging business strategy
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Proactively identify opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions to provide competitive advantage
- Present and gain commitment to IT initiatives, using specialist knowledge to gain commitment to established or new IT services
- Work collaboratively with:
Business and IT leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to build their understanding of IT strategy, programmes and challenges
IT Strategy, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management to agree the future shape of proposed solutions and initiate projects in partnership
Other customer area Business Relationship Managers to create alignment and identify cross-business innovative opportunities
Business analysts to management requirements and build business cases
Portfolio Managers and solution delivery leads to initiate projects, to initiate projects, clearly define scope and monitor the delivery of project value compared to the promised benefits
Customer Service function to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group and are operating effectively
- Knowledge of Software as a Medical device (SaMD) – both in clinical retrospective data validation and Launch, Support & maintenance
- Evidence of hands on leadership, including direct delivery of objectives and/or matrix management of others to achieve challenging goals
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Experience of building high value business cases (+1 MUSD) & mobilizing high value investments
- Experience of leading teams with a demonstrable track record of motivational and achievement oriented leadership
- Experience of managing third party suppliers and have strong network and consulting skills
- Bachelor degree in related area
- Experience in and knowledge of bio-pharma industry
- Involvement in pharma thought leadership networks and organizations
- Agile development methodologies
- Pharmaceutical background (Therapy area does not need to match to AZ’s pipeline)
- Device Company experience specifically building business cases for new value stream creation.
- Expertise in partnership ecosystem creation, new innovation model setup (people, process and technology)
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions, unlocking the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If reading the above has tickled your senses and you’re ready to join us, hit the apply button and we look forward to reviewing your application soon.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.