IT Business Analyst - Oncology
Business Analyst, Oncology
Do you have expertise in, and passion for technology and innovation? Would you like to apply your expertise to maximize influence within the Oncology Business Unit, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
Within AstraZeneca, Oncology is a significant area of focus and growth, with a pipeline and portfolio unparalleled in the industry. Our leaders are world experts in their fields who are passionate about serving patients and empowering our people to do dynamic and significant work. Our bold ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
We are looking for a Business Analyst based in Gaithersburg, MD to join our highly productive Oncology Commercial IT function to focus on our Digital and Omnichannel capabilities. Our team will work together in new ways with the business and within IT to simplify, reinvent and inspire with what technology can do. If you are at the forefront of your field, committed to collaborating as part of a high-performing team, and relish a challenge -- we want to hear from you!
This individual will work in an agile way with onshore and offshore project development teams, including the OBU Commercial Excellence and Digital Transformation teams, application engineers and sometimes third parties to deliver innovative and fit for purpose solutions within OBU Commercial.
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals, proposing potential solutions through research.
- Business Analysis Planning – Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in prioritization and recommending appropriate approaches. Can plan and lead their own activities to meet deliverables and deadlines, whilst sometimes leading others BA’s or project members to support deliverables.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible for articulating requirements. Skilled in traceability, testing and validation. Supports the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the delivery team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Solution Evaluation - Analyses and supports assessment of solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning; i.e. assessing business readiness, maximizing value vs. spend.
- Business Case and Benefits Management – Supports the business case definition, capturing business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
- Stakeholder Management - Effectively collaborates with stakeholders and builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
Work collaboratively with:
- Business Relationship Managers and Business Analysts to develop and maintain the business relationship, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development
- Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands, support or facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness.
- IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
- Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
- Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- B.S/B.A Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Experience of using business analysis tools/techniques to craft and deliver business change
- Strong engagement, communication and facilitation skills, including presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of working globally and cross functionally
- Experience of working with third party suppliers/vendors
- Stakeholder Management
- Business Process Management
- Requirements Management
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals, preferably Digital Marketing and Omnichannel
- Exposure to Agile Methodology
- Lean Management Capability
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you. Apply today.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.