IT Business Analyst, Clinical Manufacturing & Supply Chain
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Do you want to work for one of the world-leading organisations in the world, providing your domain expertise supporting our collective mission in creating life-saving medicines for patients?
If so, we are looking for an IT Business Analyst to join our team here in Operations IT.
As a team we support the entire PT&D function which sits at the interface between R&D and Commercial Manufacturing team to scale products from research for clinical manufacturing and commercial. We focus solely on performance and strategy –leading transformation and innovation and managing the development of new solutions. Collaborative and personable, we’re constantly liaising with multiple teams to understand their needs, monitor performance, and communicate changes. From system owners to system delivery teams, we are the connected hub that drives things forward. This role will initially align more closely with the Clinical Manufacturing and Supply chain organisation, supporting them with their digital and technology strategies as they work toward their 2025 vision.
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals, proposing potential solutions through research.
- Business Analysis Planning – Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in prioritization and recommending appropriate approaches. Can plan and lead their own activities to meet deliverables and deadlines, whilst sometimes leading others BA’s or project members to support deliverables.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Change - Effectively identifies stakeholders and builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Develop and lead the communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible for articulating requirements. Skilled in traceability, testing and validation. Supports the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Business Case and Benefits Management – Leads the business case definition, capturing business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
- Solution Evaluation - Analyses and supports assessment of solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, improving value vs. spend.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Experience in supply chain, preferably clinical supply chain
- Experience of using business analysis tools/techniques to craft and deliver business change
- Strong engagement, communication and facilitation skills, including presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of working globally and cross functionally
- Experience of working with third party suppliers/vendors
- B.S/B.A Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Exposure to Agile Methodology
- Lean Management Capability
- Pharmaceutical business awareness//business domain knowledge
- Benefits Management and Realization
Competitive Salary & Benefit package
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.