Integration Solution Architect
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
About the role:
- The Integration Solution Architect will ensure that common solution and data architectural decisions are implemented consistently across the business and Integration Services. The role will provide architectural expertise and technical direction to system development and projects with respect to integrations, APIs and Middleware Solutions. This role will also be responsible for ensuring successful and consistent technical delivery against these guidelines.
- The Integration Solution Architect will specialize and be a subject matter expert in the following domain: APIs, Integrations and Middleware Architecture, Technology Standards, Delivery Standards, Enablement Centre Governance, Enterprise Design Patterns. Hands on expertise in Mulesoft, SOA/ESB, Snaplogic and Globalscape.
- The role will be accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive Integration solutions that meet business strategy and requirements aligned to AstraZeneca’s Enterprise Architecture, in support of a given portfolio.
- The Integration Solution Architect will also be responsible for models, policies, rules or standards that govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and used, and enforcing data standards for all its data systems as a vision or a model of the eventual interactions between those systems.
- The Architect will partner with project managers, business analysts, and solution engineers to create solutions that are aligned to AstraZeneca architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the project delivery and financial targets (cost and benefits).
- The Architect will contribute and grow the Integration Enablement Center and drive the completeness, quality and relevance of the content, material and processes within it.
Candidate Focus & Challenge:
- Designs architectures for projects or solutions that address business/application/information/infrastructure application, data and/or process integration requirements
- Works with Business Analysis and Solution Engineering functions and supports functional & technical requirements management, including driving software selection processes
- Ensures that solution architectures and designs are appropriately robust and address business, application, information and infrastructure architectural requirements
- Provides technical support to project teams and conducts reviews throughout project lifecycle
- Ensures the projects assigned will adhere to the C4E Standards and API best practices. Experience in handling large programs as Solution Architect
- Ensures compliance with existing EA guidelines and standards
- Assists project and service teams in the development, implementation and maintenance of standard architectural components
- Works with third party suppliers as required and contributes to the creation of local or functional design documents
- Contribute and work with devOps team as SME and well versed with ITIL practices
- Works with third party suppliers to verify technical development and delivery are in adherence with the Architecture Roadmap, Blueprint and Information Services Strategy
- Documents all architecture analysis and design work
- Develops strong knowledge and expertise in all technologies used in the Integration Services Team
- Contributes to the development of the Architecture Capability within Integration Services, as member of C4E by documenting and sharing knowledge and best practices with peer Architects
- Improves strategies, methods and tools used to deliver the API First strategy.
- Challenge the status-quo and push for innovation in both domains within the Integration Domain
- Lends support, Hands on developing POCs on initial solutions with customers, recommendation, and counsel to all Integration related projects.
- Resolves complex technical issues and drive innovation to improve adoption of the API Led Approach
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 7 - 10 years of progressive solution architecture experience in one or more Information and Integration Services architecture subdomains. Relevant experience in one or several of the following areas:
- Application Integration – application-to-application, business-to-business using Mule API Led Architecture and other integration technologies such as Snaplogic, File Integration, B2B EDI integration involving fit for purpose use
- Externalization of integration services using gateway technologies such as Mulesoft and DMZ gateway technologies
- Hands on project experience on API Led connectivity and Mule Dev-Ops
- Data Integration – combining data residing in different sources and providing users with a unified view of these data using various integration technologies. Includes MDM, DQ, ETL and bulk data movement for purposes of App2App, B2B, business intelligence platforms
- Technical or Business Degree. Master’s Degree desirable
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Experience solutioning in large programs with global project teams
- Strong knowledge and experience with integration platforms and solutions
- Evidence of shaping innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organization
- Excellent business acumen with sensitivity to environment
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership skills interacting with senior leaders
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience working on Science domain projects
- Experience working in a global organization where stakeholders and project team members are geographically dispersed
- Experience with the following: Mulesoft API, Mulesoft Certified Architect, Snaplogic, Globalscape, SOA /ESB Technologies, IoT frameworks, Veeva Vault API, ETL, Big Data and other open source Data Frameworks
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.