Information Analytics Specialist
Information Analytics Specialist
Advances in digitalization, data and advance analytics are changing industries at pace with the pharma industry showing signs of movement
The Digital Health Market will grow exponentially over the next 3 years, with new applications in digital showing in phase 3 studies significant benefits for patients including overall survival in Cancer.
AstraZeneca would like to leap frog in this area and has prioritized digital in R&D as a critical strategic area of focus by 2025, as part of the overall company strategy. Digital Health R&D’s ambition is to transform healthcare, powered by digital, science and collaborations, to deliver the healthcare outcomes and experience that patients care about the most. The Digital Health R&D journey incorporates 3 key stages
- Stage 1 – foundational, reimagine how we work, maximizing the use of digital, data and analytics to transform processes within R&D to gain significant benefits on speed of the portfolio (goal 9 months acceleration), productivity (goal -20% reduction in cost per patient), quality at source, patient experience and probability of success.
- Stage 2 – advanced, redefine clinical trials and digital health to improve overall patient experiences and outcomes, example redefining patient populations, remote clinical trials, patient apps to reduce/manage adverse events and improve patient outcomes (OS), using data from EHMr and RWE instead of control arms, and through PROs and continuous patient monitoring, creating new end points enabling studies in earlier stages of disease (ctDNA changes) prolonging significantly patients’ lives
- Stage 3 – future-readiness, reimagine healthcare, examples, AZ as a healthcare provider beyond medicines for certain indications (example: Breast Cancer, proving monitoring, predictive analytics and therapies for improved outcomes), full integration of Multiomics (imaging, genomics, proteomics …) to better predict and significantly improve patients’ health
The Information Analytics Specialist leverages the capabilities of Digital Health R&D Self-Service Analytics to respond quickly to business demands on analytics and insights. Provide support on planning, directing and overseeing a wide range of analyses, related to current and future improvements within R&D. As an expert, develops and monitors a range of projects involving insights and analytics. Recognised expert within own field and often first point of contact for specialist queries.
Primary Responsibilities for this role will include (but not limited to):
- The Information Analytics Specialist provides data analysis support to the business by assisting with rapid development of reports and/or dashboards to monitor program and operational performance.
- Promote self-service analytics for customer adoption, understanding and use of data through best practices and expertise.
- Supports design of programmatic analyses and reporting capabilities in addition to business requirement definition for new analysis and performs ad-hoc data analysis as directed.
- As a subject matter expert, this position supports data quality and data stewardship functions to maintain data accuracy and identify new metrics.
- Drives collaboration and insights through use of analytics that will identify opportunities, support decision making, and improve business performance.
- Partners with key stakeholders to ensure analytic resources and development are aligned with business priorities.
- Leads the communication of derived insights, through appropriate visualization techniques including data storytelling and user-centered design.
- Applies business requirement gathering techniques in conjunction with stakeholders to identify issues and formulate solutions.
- Applies analytical techniques to prospect for business insights and find patterns in data which could be valuable for the business.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, comfortable with complexity and uncertainty at times, lots of humour, dedication to deliver outcomes and motivated by the opportunity to rethink our approach to healthcare.
- Undergraduate degree required (Analytics, Business Intelligence, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, or related area).
- 2+ years of data analysis experience.
- Demonstrated expert level understanding of data analytics, business analysis, and data visualization.
- Strong background in Microsoft Power BI or similar software (e.g. Tableau, Qlik)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Understanding of the concepts and application of data modelling.
- Comfort and skills operating in a heavily matrixed organizations with excellent skills and intuition to manage the needs of various stakeholders.
- Ability to rapidly grasp concepts and excellent ability to handle complexity by simplifying it and providing clear directions to the team.
- Well-developed communication skills, able to create clarity from ambiguity
- Passion for Patients and Customers, representing the needs of multiple customers in decision making
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Understanding of Python/R
- Solid Project management skills, including managing vendors, budgets, timelines and risks
- Experience on bringing innovation that is solving complex and multi-dimensional issues from an operational, technical, financial and human perspective
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.