Hematology SR/Marketing Manager - HCP
Senior/ Marketing Manager - HCP Marketing
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we can really change the course of medicine and bring new and innovative ideas to life. North America Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry and build positive relationships with healthcare professionals.
We put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person. Our ambition is to push the boundaries of science to change the practice of medicine and transform the lives of patients living with cancer. Our robust pipeline includes investigational therapies in varied stages of clinical therapies in varied stages of clinical development, from recently approved products to earlier-stage molecules in clinical trials. We aspire to transforms the lives of cancer patients, working to eliminate cancer as a cause of death in the future.
The Marketing Manager / Senior Marketing Manager – HCP Marketing will be responsible for the development and implementation of the promotional brand plan for hematology assets among our healthcare professional stakeholders. The key areas of emphasis for this role include engagement strategy, asset planning and development for both personal and non-personal promotion tactics, and ensuring alignment with brand priorities.
This position will report into the Associate Director, Hematology Marketing, and will work in close partnership with Marketing Managers/Directors across the Hematology franchise. The individual will also work in collaboration with the cross-functional Hematology Franchise team and play a critical role in execution of our marketing plan across current and future indications.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD headquarters for our US Oncology business. (ON-SITE)
- Drive execution of the promotional plan and programs while ensuring consistency with brand strategy
- Adapt to changing dynamics in a competitive marketplace with agility and effectiveness
- Lead HCP tactical planning efforts
- Participate in the annual brand operational planning process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objectives
- Manage partner agency relationships, workflow, and related expense budgets
- Partner with Insights and Analytics team and external partners to define success metrics and analyze performance of marketing programs
- Optimize marketing plans as needed to improve impact and develop recommendations for future plans based on data-driven insights
- Ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: brand marketing, sales, managed markets, market research/analytics, or strategic planning
- Effective communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Strong business acumen skills and capability to manage multiple program budgets, timelines, processes, and procedures
- MBA in marketing or advanced degree in science-related discipline
- 3-5 years of oncology and/or hematology experience
- Prior in-line marketing experience, including digital and non-personal promotion tactics
- Customer-facing experience
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed programs
- At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering innovative methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more? Our Social Media
Follow AstraZeneca on:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
“To safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, customers and communities, AstraZeneca is mandating COVID-19 vaccination for all US-based AstraZeneca and Alexion employees. We will provide accommodations for those unable to be vaccinated based on applicable law, such as those who cannot get vaccinated due to a medical or religious reason. We continue to work diligently to ensure the health and safety of our employees and workplaces and have in place a number of safety measures and guidelines, including providing access to personal protective equipment and COVID-19 testing.”
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.