Health Economics and Payer Evidence Lead Tezepelumab
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe
The Health Economics & Payer Evidence Lead (HEPEL) is a global leadership role with responsibility:
to proactively collaborate with Clinical Development, Medical Evidence Generation, Observational Research, and Payer Teams in designing and implementing innovative health economic and payer evidence strategies and activities and to produce scientific payer evidence for Global Reimbursement Dossiers (GRD) and reimbursement submissions to achieve market access.
The Health Economics & Payer Evidence Lead will have an in-depth, expert technical knowledge and tactical experience of health economics & payer evidence including analytic techniques and tools such as clinical trial design and analyses, systematic literature reviews, comparative effectiveness/indirect comparisons, health economic modelling and large datasets and its application to pharmaceutical development throughout the development process.
The HEPE Lead will have the ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams. You will apply different technical approaches, communicate complex technical topics effectively, and have a comprehensive understanding of different health care systems, as well as significant experience in global payer evidence development and delivery.
Tezepelumab is developed in severe asthma as the first indication with submissions planned in the first half of 2021, followed by atopic dermatitis, nasal polyps, and further indications for which submissions are anticipated for 2023 onwards.
- High quality HEPE input into pharmaceutical development projects, payer evidence plans, and market access & pricing strategies to support interpretation of data and decision-making processes
- Detailed strategic and tactical planning of payer analytics (including clinical trial design and analysis, patient reported outcomes (PROs), real-world evidence (RWE), economic modelling, systematic reviews, and comparative effectiveness including indirect treatment comparisons) to support market access and reimbursement
- Interaction with health technology appraisal (HTA) authorities and advisors/key external experts in preparing materials for scientific advice or reimbursement submissions
- Collaboration with marketing companies in preparing evidence that satisfies payer requirements to support value demonstration, reimbursement and commercialisation of our products
- Deliver clear, customer-focused and robust Global Reimbursement Dossiers
- Effectively communicate with payers and other stakeholders through the generation of peer reviewed scientific publications, technical presentations, committee memberships, publication reviews, and other similar activities
- Internal and external networking, to keep up to date with new analytical techniques and payer evidence trends, provide consultancy and share experience, best practices and knowledge
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – SKILLS, CAPABILITIES, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requirement/Academic/ professional/specialist training, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical science, business, quantitative disciplines or economics (essential).
- Formal post graduate degree in health economics or a related quantitative discipline, or substantial work experience in the discipline (essential).
- Payer launch experience at a local or global level (desirable).
- In-depth expert knowledge and technical capability in HEPE needs, and its application to pharmaceutical development, especially economic modelling, evidence synthesis and other analytical techniques required to support payer needs.
Skills and capabilities
- Builds robust plans for short and long-term projects, based on in-depth understanding of the product, the payer environment and AstraZeneca and the ability to anticipate future trends.
- Manages risk, opportunities and complexities to achieve a positive outcome for the business, making decisions based on analysis of the internal and external environment.
- Proactively builds and develops strong relationships, engaging individuals, teams and networks cross-functionally and across geographies to develop or identify solutions, seeking to understand and resolve underlying issues or needs, to deliver change and positive organisational impact
- Successfully drives and leads work cross-functionally and cross-geographies. Applies knowledge and experience of diversity to take advantage of opportunities and to mitigate challenges in order to deliver results successfully.
- Shapes the environment by challenging the status quo and influencing the views of HTA authorities and payers on study design by showing how value can be demonstrated.
- Leverages a range of written and verbal communications tools and techniques in any situation both internally and externally, to drive, influence and lead achievement of business results.
- Demonstrates robust awareness of cross-functionally resources necessary to deliver projects, and puts in place realistic plans based on these resource requirements to deliver results to the business.
- Proactively brings payer analytic and evidence expertise and insight to the cross-functional development of future-focussed, customer-driven payer evidence strategy to inform key AstraZeneca processes and decision points.
- Understands diverse pricing and reimbursement processes in order to maximise reimbursement opportunities through appropriate and timely payer evidence generation and analytics.
- Takes a holistic view of the evidence exploration process, knowing exactly how to respond to unpredictable circumstances caused by data gaps, unexpected results, the introduction of new unforeseen external data or new analytical techniques which may require model paradigm shifts.
- Demonstrates the value of evidence by distilling complex technical data and reports into effective messaging so that the value and reach is maximised.
- Ensures that the evidence needs of payers have been incorporated into the development plan (including RWE and PROs), that the reimbursement and pricing risks are understood by the payer, regulatory, medical evidence and clinical teams and that the appropriate payer analyses are delivered in a timely manner to support reimbursement submissions.
- Demonstrates an in depth and practical understanding of innovative study methodologies, including analyses, that incorporate clinical, medical, regulatory, commercial, payer and health technology assessment needs.
- Anticipates future requirements to shape the clinical and medical development plan with different options.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.