Head of US Marketing, Breast Cancer
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. It's our belief in following the science and putting patients first, that allows us to make the biggest difference to people in need with our ground-breaking science and life changing medicines.
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career and be part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology by fundamentally changing the way cancer is treated through innovation. We are already the fastest growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our innovative pipeline. Agile and collaborative, we work cross-functionally, as well as externally, to thrive at pace. We’ve crafted a culture where everybody, from all backgrounds, can be themselves and bring their true self to work.
The Head of Marketing, Breast Cancer is based in the greater Washington DC area in the Gaithersburg, MD office and is accountable for all aspects of US marketing strategy and execution across the range of indications in the breast cancer portfolio. This position manages a team of marketers and cross-functional collaborators to develop and implement a robust commercial strategy for current and future indications, including several major launches anticipated over the next three years, within and outside of breast cancer. The Head of Marketing will collaborate effectively with key partners including colleagues from the Global, Sales, Medical, Diagnostics, Commercial Operations, Managed Markets, and Corporate Affairs, as well as with our Alliance partner. Additionally, this role will be a key member of the Breast Cancer franchise leadership team and play a meaningful role in crafting the overall strategy and culture of the franchise.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the commercial marketing strategy and execution for the franchise for current, future indications and future pipeline.
- Lead the development of overarching HCP and consumer marketing strategies and tactics, the creation of brand strategy plans, launch plans, and competitive readiness plans
- Monitor and diagnose brand performance and lead business updates to senior leadership.
- Lead partnership efforts to define lifecycle priorities, inform US labeling recommendations and share findings across markets
- Lead quarterly and annual US forecasting work. in conjunction with the Insights and Finance teams; develop quarterly performance updates in preparation for Earnings releases.
- Develop and deliver key brand presentations to leadership and the field organization.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team as well impact a broad team of cross-functional colleagues.
Be trusted and empowered to innovate and lead! We step up and disrupt, to find new ways to market our products and bring fresh ideas to engage and partner with the industry. The leaders of innovation, we empower those around us to do the same.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 10 years of pharmaceutical or related experience in oncology marketing
- People leadership experience
- Exhibit high capability at working collaboratively, thinking strategically
- Comprehensive understanding of drug development and commercialization process
- Confirmed proficiency in marketing, both HCP, and Consumer
- Deep experience in US pharmaceutical marketing in Oncology
- Experience leading an Oncology Marketing Team
- Customer-facing Oncology Experience
- Breast Cancer Experience strongly preferred
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply now and join our mission to transform lives with our science!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.