Head of Gynaecological Cancers, Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Senior Medical Affairs Leader to join us as Head of Gynaecological Cancers role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
About Medical Affairs, Oncology
In Medical Affairs, we change the practice of medicine and improve the patient experience by generating and communicating compelling medical evidence. We translate the wealth of medical and scientific expertise to ensure the data we produce helps physicians to better treat patients at every point in
Valued partners across the enterprise, we rely on working together and sharing knowledge to combine science and strategy in a way that advances our pipeline and progresses our journey to redefine cancer treatment.
A high-performing team within a global, growing organization – our culture is one of openness and transparency, fused with ambition and drive. A supportive and trusting place to grow your career, each of us is empowered to take a tailored approach to our development, driving the pace and direction.
Come and be part of a talented, cross-functional team working together to improve lives and make the biggest possible impact for patients, science and society.
The growing DNA Damage Response (DDR) Franchise are looking for a Senior Medical Affairs Leader to join us as Head of Gynaecological Cancers to be part of a dynamic and high performing team.
- This opportunity will allow you to play a pivotal role in defining global strategy and leading key global initiatives within the DDR Franchise, to support Lynparza our class-leading PARP inhibitor, adavosertib, our WEE-1 inhibitor, and our portfolio of Established Brands, channelling your scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on improving patients' lives.
- We are looking for individuals who are driven by our bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death, so that together we can grow and achieve excellence. We are looking for people who are disruptors, who push the boundaries of innovation with one goal in mind, to redefine cancer care.
- As the DDR Global Medical Affairs lead for gynaecological tumours, you will be accountable for the development and delivery of a Global Medical Plan that is integrated into the overarching Global Brand Plan.
- This includes setting the Global Medical Affairs strategy, working closely with key in-country leads.
- The Medical Affairs team is accountable for the design and delivery of clinical and real-world evidence studies; the global publication plan as well as delivering engaging and innovative educational and insight gathering activities both internally and externally.
- As AstraZeneca has a strong focus on patient centricity, your plan will also incorporate innovative solutions that meet the needs of patients.
- You will develop strategic and long-term partnerships with relevant external oncology stakeholders and decision makers, including key external experts, scientific organizations, to help inform and develop a best in class medical affairs plan.
- This role includes line management responsibilities as well as matrix leadership, and cross-functional collaboration across Global medical, development, and commercial teams. Based on a deep understanding of the disease area you will enable the organization to develop tailored medical solutions. You will represent the brand as part of above-franchise tumour strategy discussions and Medical Affairs activities in collaboration with the other leaders across the organization.
We are looking for someone with:
- A proven track record of delivering effective product launches with a strong strategic focus. Regional or global experience being desirable
- Substantial experience in the pharmaceutical or allied industries preferably in Medical Affairs or Medical Diagnostics in Oncology, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Medical Affairs leadership roles, preferably in global or regional contexts
- An advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD). However, while this is preferable it is not essential for someone with proven Medical Affairs expertise in oncology
- Demonstrated success in delivering large cross-functional projects
- A passion for Oncology and the principles of AstraZeneca’s Core Values and Behaviours: We follow the science. We put patients first. We play to win. We do the right thing. We are entrepreneurial
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a proactive self-starter, capable of independent working and leading teams in a matrix organisation
- Thrives on challenge, innovation, variety and working in a busy global environment
- An excellent communicator, whether this be strategy or science
- Can represent beyond Medical Affairs helping to shape cross-functional strategy as part of the Global Product Team
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.